Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i just purchased a 2012 vegas 8 Ball and i have several other bikes but i never noticed this issue with another one of my bikes. I let go of the handle bars on the 8 ball and it pulls hard to the right. has anyone had this issue?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds like the dipshits didn't align the rear when it was pulled from the crate.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Mine wasn't aligned either, it was off enough to wear the side of my belt a bit...even after asking them to check it out during the 500mi service! Check to see if your belt is tracking to one side of the rear pulley and check the alignment marks on both sides of the rear wheel axle. I ended up doing it myself. It took me several attempts. I got the alignment marks where they looked right but the belt was still tracking on the side. To fine tune it I had to turn the nut VERY slightly, such a small amount I didn't really think it would move anything. A quick test drive between adjustments just to get the belt and suspension moving around to verify but its dead on now. Might as well go ahead and do it yourself. The dealer won't put the kind of care and dedication into your bike that you will. Close is good enough for them, perfect may be where you want it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those sons of bitches!!! I had my bike in for the 500 mile service which I overpaid for and I told them on decel at about 12 mph the bike has a vibration and a hum noise. The mechanic came out and said my belt was to tight and it wasn't tracking properly and that would take care of it. Well I drive it home 60 miles away and notice it is still making noise so I think to myself I wonder what else they didn't do. I look under the bike and the oil filter looks dirty! I called them right away and the mechanic denied everything. I guess if you want things done right you got to do them yourself. Oh and I love how they tell you if you don't have your first service your warranty is voided! Then they don't even do anything.

·
Administrator
5,971 Posts
Is it worth paying $500 for the 500mi service?

Refer all those who ask the usual question: "Is it worth paying $500 for the 500 mile service?" - the answer is this thread right here. :D cheers

One of the best mechanics to work on your bike is you! Even if you don't know anything (neither do many dealer mechanics). Look up the repair/adjustment you're making in the service manual, ask questions on the forum (the dealer mechanic won't, because he can just do whatever he thinks is right), and you will end up with a job done right, because you care about your bike.

Name and location of the dealer?
Not sure which dealer this was, but half of them are like that, based on my experience.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Refer all those who ask the usual question: "Is it worth paying $500 for the 500 mile service?" - the answer is this thread right here. :D cheers

One of the best mechanics to work on your bike is you! Even if you don't know anything (neither do many dealer mechanics). Look up the repair/adjustment you're making in the service manual, ask questions on the forum (the dealer mechanic won't, because he can just do whatever he thinks is right), and you will end up with a job done right, because you care about your bike.

Not sure which dealer this was, but half of them are like that, based on my experience.
Well when you do ask questions on this forum there is some that think YOU ARE STUPID for asking. I say ask away. None is and the SEARCH OPTION does not bring every thing to light....thumb up

·
Registered
188 Posts
This guy is in my home State so I like to know who to avoid dealing with. At least give me the city and I'll figure it out from there.;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't like to ruin people's business or a person's career by one person's opinion maybe it was an honest mistake life is short we are human mistakes happen but there most frustrating when the happen to you. I had a great experience with the sales person who sold me the bike and with getting accessories. But the service department needs work it was full throttle in Lansing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i did a search when i first got my bike, and it seems like a lot of vics pull the right from the dealer, and a new exhaust will alleviate the problem. mine pulls right, and it is perfectly aligned and even wear with just over 4500 miles

·
Registered
162 Posts
MEASURE YOUR OWN CRAP. I have a buddy here in Fayetteville that used to work at dealer here(owner was ridiculous). He has worked at Honda for years and Hardley's and Vics for the last few. He did the 2 day technician training with Victory and they teach them the minimum. So if that is the only experience the tech has you are screwed. But he said in his experience that with the right tension a vic belt will track left and right. With the bike on a jack and the wheel spins forward it should track to the outside edge(preferably not on the edge of the pulley. When you rotate the tire backwards it should make its way back to the inside edge. If it does that and your measurement from the center of the swingarm nut and the center of the axle nut is the same on both sides--you shouldn't pull either direction. I did my own installation and alignment after putting the new tire on and it was perfect just like the day I drove it off the lot (after he did the setup on it)! Now if you need work on Victory in Fayetteville NC you have to go to Hot Rodz and speak to EDDIE--you wont regret it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts