Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left this morning for work at 5:30 A.M. Arrived at 7:15 and left at 4:00 P.M. Got home at 5:45 P.M. Long busy day .......

When I got home I fired up my bucket loader and removed 6 smallish shrubs (not that small) about 3 hours and 10 beers . When I was done , I cracked a final beer and stood in my garage staring at the best mechanical friend I ever had , felt like an hour went by , and it did .......

Look at her , waiting .... Patiently ..... **** You Polaris , You douche bag beyond belief ! I hope your Indian brand gets SCALPED . I guess I'm not over it , or ..... Had too many beers . Regardless , watching the best made bike on the planet , fade away , SUUUUCKS . Only you fellas can understand , and I hope you do ....

IMG_5673.jpg

IMG_5674.jpg

IMG_5675.jpg

Magnificent .

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Left this morning for work at 5:30 A.M. Arrived at 7:15 and left at 4:00 P.M. Got home at 5:45 P.M. Long busy day .......

When I got home I fired up my bucket loader and removed 6 smallish shrubs (not that small) about 3 hours and 10 beers . When I was done , I cracked a final beer and stood in my garage staring at the best mechanical friend I ever had , felt like an hour went by , and it did .......

Look at her , waiting .... Patiently ..... **** You Polaris , You douche bag beyond belief ! I hope your Indian brand gets SCALPED . I guess I'm not over it , or ..... Had too many beers . Regardless , watching the best made bike on the planet , fade away , SUUUUCKS . Only you fellas can understand , and I hope you do ....

View attachment 214025

View attachment 214033

View attachment 214041

Magnificent .
Victory going to the chopping block is unfortunate, but realistically, what do you need Polaris for? Nothing. Ride your flamed beast til you can't anymore. Lord knows these bikes are built to last, minus a saddlebag latch (just slot the hole and it'll be fine :laugh) And it appears your bike has a good caretaker, too.
Alas, I feel your frustration and share the same sentiment. cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yep.

But, like the man said. Jus' ride it!

I stopped (or am really trying to stop) making sense out of the whole situation. In reality, this will probably be my last, but I keep looking over the horizon, trying to see if there is anything coming that does all that this bike does............Nope, nothing so far. Don't even know why I'm looking?! :nerd

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I do understand. The company had such promise. They designed and built great bikes and were fantastically responsive to the desires of customers/potential-customers. Then they abandoned all of that, desired to lust after becoming an also-ran, stopped designing, stopped listening, stopped improving and killed the brand.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I imagine this is how people that had bought a Tucker felt when it was discontinued. Just goes to show you.. you can design/engineer the best product in the world.. but it only takes one asshat to wreck the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
If I understand the history correctly, Tucker shut down because of resistance from OUTSIDE the company. Victory was abandoned by its owned management.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
If I understand the history correctly, Tucker shut down because of resistance from OUTSIDE the company. Victory was abandoned by its owned management.
But abandoned not on a management whim but because Victory NEVER MADE A PROFIT. Victory never sold enough bikes to recoup the costs of making the bikes and running the business. This was mainly a function of the very small number of Victory bikes sold. I did my part. I own three XCT bikes. Obviously, the rest of the folks on this forum were not the cause of the poor sales but there were poor sales nonetheless. One can quite reasonably argue that Victory managements marketing plan was bad or they made too many models or they did not innovate for the last five years. If all of these are true and I think they are, this leads to a different argument. These suggest poor management performance while the Victory brand was alive. That is where our anger should be directed. As much as it pains me, I find no fault in Polaris' decision to cancel the Victory line. I strongly blame Polaris/Victory managment for mishandling the Victory brand for the last ~25 years.

I am going to the Leesburg, FL bikefest this weekend where there will be ~250,000 bikes. Other than my own, I predict I will be lucky to see five Victory bikes. I will count them as I see them and let you know how accurate my prediction is.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Bad marketing? NOOOO.... Every 60 year old likes to look at burn-outs.... It what we "are" ... We're rascals I'll tell ya.

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have no clue what they were thinking by ending the Victory brand but at the same time, I'm okay with it.

Hopefully that means there will be some good inventory liquidation sales when I'm ready to add asecond Victory to the stable.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Every time this comes up, I try to inject a little sanity into the discussion. My wife is a business owner, and I help her with it. If she sold a product that continually cost her money instead of made money for her, even if many people had already invested into this product, is she to blame when she decided to cut her losses and go in a different direction? It happens every day in business.

It's NO different than if Victory decided to revamp their entire line and make all new bikes where no parts were interchangeable. The end result would be the same; our current models would have ceased production. Would all this Screw Polaris hatred still exist?

Victory closing can only have the following result: other people gleefully yelling "Hey, they don't make your bike no more!"
Doesn't stop me from riding it. It fired up and took me to work this morning just like it had during the past 4 seasons.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

View attachment 214025

View attachment 214033

When you wear that one out and are ready for another there will be a low mileage one that has sat in a garage for years waiting for you somewhere.
You can either swap your tins over to that one from yours if you don't like the color of what you buy and have yours for extra parts of ride that it just the way it is.
Many people buy bikes to ride then don't for a variety of reasons. Eventually they put them on the market.
My 93 fxrp had 13 thousand miles on it when I bought. It was almost 20 yrs old by then and one of the best models HD ever produced.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Broggy's post made great sense. Them's the fact of biz life folks and what you do with them will vary depending on your business knowledge or how many beers you had prior to posting. :)
I can't count the number of orphan brands I soldiered on with after they were tossed under the bus. Hell, I still have my Hudson and she's doing just great, cooking, keeping my clothes clean, growing a garden and even sleeps with me.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

Dang Mags, you wax emotional when you drink, don't ya?

me too, brother. Me too. If I make it to the east coast (and I really hope to in the next couple years), maybe we can crack a cold one together and reminisce about the good ol' days when you could still buy the best damn motorcycle ever.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I am going to the Leesburg, FL bikefest this weekend where there will be ~250,000 bikes. Other than my own, I predict I will be lucky to see five Victory bikes. I will count them as I see them and let you know how accurate my prediction is.

G'day,

Vinish

At Daytona Bike Week in March, there were more Victory's than I could count. Freaking everywhere. I was pleasantly surprised.

You are never too old to have a happy childhood....I'm still trying.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dang Mags, you wax emotional when you drink, don't ya?

me too, brother. Me too. If I make it to the east coast (and I really hope to in the next couple years), maybe we can crack a cold one together and reminisce about the good ol' days when you could still buy the best damn motorcycle ever.
That would be fantastic !cheers

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Go on a ride now. It always comes up by someone, not me usually about them shutting down. Got the thumbs up yesterday from a guy in a car with Sonora plates.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree with a lot of the frustration of course and wish they weren't ever shutting down but I do feel great about owning a couple Vics. I still love the looks and everything about them. I love the fact that Vic was the brand that thrilled me enough to get me off of sport bikes and onto some great cruisers.....

Thank you Victory for at least giving us a new, exciting, dependable and sexy ass motorcycle to enjoy mile after mile and year after year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts