Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have less than 9000 miles on the E3's and the fronts are wearing weird. I know Lilmags500 had the same issue. The middle of the front wears less than the sides and now we have this "ridge". Causes some squirrelly handling. I never had any luck with Dunlap. I wish Michilin made the commander II for them. Suggestions on new tire?

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I am currently using the GL1800 tires from Bridgestone - G704 and G709. They are the same size as the Wing wheels.

They apparently have less load rating, so take that into account. I have no experience with other tires on this bike.

I *really* liked the Pirelli Route 66 tires I had on my Cavalcade, but they are not made in our size.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just took my '13 Classic in for service at 13.5K miles, running Dunlops. I have plenty left on the front and only switched out my rear because of an upcoming long ride later in August. I think I probably had another 1500 or so on the rear. I actually got a lot better deal on a Michelin 880 for the rear than Dunlop, so I'll try that out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just took my '13 Classic in for service at 13.5K miles, running Dunlops. I have plenty left on the front and only switched out my rear because of an upcoming long ride later in August. I think I probably had another 1500 or so on the rear. I actually got a lot better deal on a Michelin 880 for the rear than Dunlop, so I'll try that out.
I assume you mean a Metzeler 880?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I actually got 20,000 miles out of the factory Dunlops but at around 12,000 miles my front tire was worn as well. I had plenty of tread, but it was definitely worn funny. The bike handled like crap the last 8,000 miles that I had those tires on the bike. The reason why I tried different tires was because I didn't like the drastic difference in handling that happened at the 12,000 mile mark. To be fair, they never caused me any issues for those last 8,000 miles. I just didn't like the way they "felt".

I tried Avon Cobra's after the Dunlops. They handled awesome but I barely got 10,000 miles out of the tires. Now I'm on a set of Metzler ME888's (the new touring tires that Metzler came out with). I've only had them on for about 4,000 miles so I can't comment on their wear yet. I can say they handle about the same as the Dunlops though. I've heard the Bridgestones get about the same wear as Avon's do but I haven't personally ran them before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts