Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and could not find anything on the E-4's. I'm having a set put on my XC today. Would appreciate any input y'all have on these tires. I have ran E-3's for years on my scooters.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Would appreciate any input y'all have on these tires..
As far as I can tell the E4's are generally round and black in color :nerd
Other than that I've read a few scattered reports that some bikes developed a "wobble" running the E4's and a few others saying they got poor wear out of them.

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I text a friend in central Texas. I remembered he said he was going to E-4's on his next go around. He said they were very quite and had a long life. So I recon I'll find out.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
My tire guy who has specialized in touring bikes and heavy cruisers for many decades sez his customers who mounted E4s don't like that the center groove in the front tire tracks things in the pavement and doesn't track well on steel grated bridges, which we have a lot of around here. That's why I went with Avon Cobras instead.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I couldn't get past the steep price for them locally, $570 mounted. Went with the Metz 888's again

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Thats gotta be for a pair?

Reactions: NAB

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
No complaints about mine I'll buy them again.
No steel grate bridges in your area? We have one that's 1-1/2 mile long. The combination of a Cross bike and Cobras makes that almost like being on pavement.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
No steel grate bridges in your area? We have one that's 1-1/2 mile long. The combination of a Cross bike and Cobras makes that almost like being on pavement.
I'm thinking not but we have rain grooves in everything and they track straight on. Cobras are also good I had them on my Vegas.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I'm pleased with the E4 on the back of my CCT. NO issue what so ever.

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Registered
350 Posts
Have a couple thousand miles on E4s. They work fine for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had them for over a year and have no issues in dry, wet, hot cold, bridges...

·
Registered
945 Posts
I just changed my front with over 28000 miles
Been getting bout 17000-18000 on the rear

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The majority of the post on here. Say the E-4's are great tires. I got both tires for $440.00 dollars. Thought that was a good buy.

·
13,262 Posts
NAB

There was a guy on facebook with a vision. He was getting rear brake pads and a new rear tire. He said dealer was charging him $773 dollars.
Some dealers are just out to bend a guy over good or the customer is just plain crazy

Reactions: NAB

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Among the leading brands, is there really a bad tire? Kinda like oil, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I picked up my scooter yesterday morning. It was raining and new tires are slick. So I road sensibly to the house. It's only six miles, but the tires felt good. The are quite, I was surprised how quite the were on wet roads. Next Thursday I'll be headed down the Texas, Mexico boarder. For a few days of riding and partying. Going down is a lot of long straight roads until we get close to Alpine. Then the road start getting more curves down to Terlingua. Speed limits run from 70mph to 80mph. When we do the river road Saturday it will let me know I rate the tires. This road runs along the Rio Grande River. The boarder between Texans and Mexicans. This road gives me a thrill every time I ride it.
This will be the 8th motorcycle run I have done down there. We don't go in to Mexico anymore. You would probably be OK, but just don't want to chance it anymore.

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Just got back from a 986 mile run. The E-4 Tires where great, extremely quite. Major twisties, switch backs on mountain roads. The morning we took off we rode through some drizzly rain. Wet roads and the tires were great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts