Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dunlop E4 at 25,206 miles. I know people slam Dunlop's but I like them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,195 Posts
That's really good mileage. I changed my stock E-3's out at 6k miles due to the annoying tire sing and simply because I switched to chrome rims and a CT on back. I would have put up with the sing longer if I hadn't switched rims. Maybe to 10k but they were already cupping quite a bit.

Looks like they did something right with the E-4's.

·
Super Moderator
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm very happy with them!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
what pressures are you running in them?

·
Super Moderator
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
I had E4's on my cc and they wore great and were fine on dry roads...I found them to be very loose feeling on wet roads....never did actually let go on me but it always felt like they were about to....I switched to Avon Cobra's last season and I love them...yes they are more expensive and the jury's out on how long they will last but man they hold on to the road like an ex wife hangs on to alimony.....I will update with how many miles they last this season....

imho....

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Super Moderator
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Visually, the tread pattern seems that it might be less effective in the rain than the E3. What has your experience been?
I have no complaints, rode through many rains and they handled fine to me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like the Dunlop E4 front, good all around. I have yet to find a rear tire that's good in the rain.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I like the Dunlop E4 front, good all around. I have yet to find a rear tire that's good in the rain.
Well, if you're open to it I recently had a Dunlop Winter sport 3D Runflat car tire installed on the back of my CCT. The tire came from a recommendation from @Rollin. On the way home from the dealer I was in a severe downpour of a rain storm. I could barely see 20 feet in front of me. At some point a van in front of me slammed on their brakes. Any mc tire would have hydroplaned and slid. The Dunlop car tire simply slowed me down quickly and in full control. The ABS didn't even need to engage.

I have a 160/60 Dunlop Roadsmart II MT rear tire mounted (backwards) on the front of my CCT. At nearly 33K miles (yes 33K) it's almost at the wear bars.

It's good to have options.

·
Premium Member
13,195 Posts
Well, if you're open to it I recently had a Dunlop Winter sport 3D Runflat car tire installed on the back of my CCT. The tire came from a recommendation from @Rollin. On the way home from the dealer I was in a severe downpour of a rain storm. I could barely see 20 feet in front of me. At some point a van in front of me slammed on their brakes. Any mc tire would have hydroplaned and slid. The Dunlop car tire simply slowed me down quickly and in full control. The ABS didn't even need to engage.

I have a 160/60 Dunlop Roadsmart II MT rear tire mounted (backwards) on the front of my CCT. At nearly 33K miles (yes 33K) it's almost at the wear bars.

It's good to have options.
Have you looked into the 3 version yet? Did you have any trouble getting it to fit like having to let the air out of the tire to go into place?

Dunlop RoadSmart 3 Tires Rear 160/60ZR-17 Radial

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I think the newer Roadsmart 3 is only available in a 17” 160 version. Chaparral in CA has the correct Roadsmart 2 version available on Amazon.

·
Premium Member
13,195 Posts
I think the newer Roadsmart 3 is only available in a 17” 160 version. Chaparral in CA has the correct Roadsmart 2 version available on Amazon.
You're right. I didn't even notice it was a 17". They do have the 3 version in a smaller size for the front in 18" though.

Probably work okay on a stock X-bike wheel.

https://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tubes/motorcycle-tires/dunlop-roadsmart-3-tires/p/56277

Defeats the whole idea of going with a wider and longer wearing rear tire though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts