Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my E4 back tire today at 16,564 miles, the front looks to be about 1/2 gone.

I'm sold on these, they are just a good all around tire.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Good to know. :)
I'll be needing to replace the E3 that came with this bike this year or next. 2015 tire. I think prior owner grabbed one of the last E3 on the front last year it's 2017.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Replaced my E4 back tire today at 16,564 miles, the front looks to be about 1/2 gone.

Funny. On their website it says the E4 won't fit our bikes despite the fact it shows they carry them in the exact sizes we use.

·
12,983 Posts
Archer
Keep in mind most vendors don't do any research. Never trust them do your own research

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have E4's on front and back of my 2015 XCT, no complaints.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
My tire guy says they are specifically for Goldwings.
Seems odd a manufacturer would make a tire for that specific of an application but I saw that notation on the website also.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have them front and rear. I like'em. thumb up

·
Registered
96 Posts
E4 on the back on my bike as well and have the new E4 for the front when its time. In fact I have a new rear as spare , picked up a rock in my rear E4 and was going to change it , decided just to ride.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
My tire guy says they are specifically for Goldwings.
It was good thinking on the Victory team to use the same tire sizes as a Gold Wing. They knew the Victory dealer network was small and so any Victory owner could try a Honda shop if they needed tires on the road.

·
Registered
22 Posts
E4 squeek

I put an E4 on the rear and I couldn't figure out what the noise was coming from the rear of the bike. I finally figured out that on most pavements the tire makes a squeeking sound, like a wet shoe walking on a gym floor. Weird ! just wondering if anyone else has had that happen.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I put an E4 on the rear and I couldn't figure out what the noise was coming from the rear of the bike. I finally figured out that on most pavements the tire makes a squeeking sound, like a wet shoe walking on a gym floor. Weird ! just wondering if anyone else has had that happen.
Are you sure it's not your belt rubbing?

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've experienced nothing like that.

·
12,983 Posts
when you hear the sound pull in the clutch lever. If noise stops its the belt

·
Registered
543 Posts

Thanks for this info. Will need to replace both the rear (second time) and front this winter and was looking at the E4.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No, it's not the belt. That was my first thought right after I put the tire on. I jacked the bike back up and checked the installation, everything seems correct. The sound varies with the type of pavement and sometimes I can hardly hear it at all.
Guess I'm turning up the radio !!

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's the E4. When I got my first E4 (rear) my riding buddy said "Jesus, your tire sounds like Velcro pulling apart." Just on certain road surfaces. Got a new set this summer; same thing. It does get better as it scrubs in.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Okay I was concerned too with just a rear E4 making an odd sound. But I managed to mangle up my ABS wire too so thought that was it. Lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts