Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I got a rear flat on '15 XCT. Plugged it, made it in to the dealer and got new tire. Here's the problem. Got home, I live 150 miles from dealer, and next day there was two wheel weights on the garage floor under my bike. Obviously tech didn't stick them on good. Now I'm 150 miles from dealer to balance the rear tire. But I would rather have Dyna beads, I have them in my Harley and really like the way they perform. I found Dyna beads on ebay for front and rear wheel at $19.00. I also found E-Z beads on Amazon for the same $. Are E-Z beads the same as Dyna beads? Do they install the same? I have never installed them myself but understand it helps to vibrate the valve stem while installing. So, long story short, are E-Z beads and Dyna beads the same and is install the same. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
I think the video below will answer your question but to me they look and install the same. I would not use the special shrader valves with the filters. There have been many who have had trouble with those and the beads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EpCqAY2tGg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ride On

I used Ride On in my tires on my last bike, never had a problem. I have it here and will be installing it in this bike once I know I can take it for a ride after installation.

·
13,002 Posts
Have had my dna beed over a hundred a good 500 time no problem.

say call some of your local shops or after market shops some one might sell them in your town

tip tap valve stem with screw driver to get beed's to go in faster

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have run the "balance beads" in all my bike tires since 2007. My 900 Vulcan, the RSV and when I have to change tires on the XCT I'll use them again. I have had them over 80 mph and probably more for short periods with no problems. On the Vulcan I had to put them in thru the vale core because it was a tube type tire. The rest were tubeless tires, so I would set the bead, then break one side enough to get the beads in.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
been thinking about trying them myself, since i flung all my wheel weights within a year of my tire replacement. <80 mph ain't gonna fly. that's our interstate speed limit.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I have run the "balance beads" in all ......

The rest were tubeless tires, so I would set the bead, then break one side enough to get the beads in.
Yessss first tire, E3 I put DYNA beads trough the valve stem ... I found this soooo tedious, and these DYNA beads do fly everywhere ....

So the first new tire I bought stainless beads / shoved them trough the side-wall and hopefully when changing to a new tire then NOT creating such a MESS in the shop coz the stainless are much bigger then the tiny DYNA ....

Bike runs GREAT on these stainless balls ... Same as DYNA

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
My bike came without wheel weights ... How does that work ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
13,002 Posts
My bike came without wheel weights ... How does that work ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum
go to a Harley shop and look at the new bikes. None of them have wheel weights. Dunlop has a yellow dot that shows to mount tire by valve stem.
I think the same goes for the new Vic's

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
VJ is right. Match mount USUALLY gets you pretty close. Mine are both match mounted, but they still each had .5 oz before I left the weights somewhere along the road.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
go to a Harley shop and look at the new bikes. None of them have wheel weights. Dunlop has a yellow dot that shows to mount tire by valve stem.
I think the same goes for the new Vic's
Yup I have seen them and googled them .. but I have seen non on the Vic's .... And my one .

That's why I run stainless beads, easy to reuse / weight ..

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks for responses. My question was, "are Dyna beads and E-Z beads the same and is install the same". Dyna beads are larger than E-Z beads. These E-Z beads are little tiny ceramic pellets. E-Z beads are easier to install because they don't get stopped up in the valve stem when pouring them in, if you pour them slowly. That's why with Dyna beads you need to vibrate the valve stem to keep the beads from jamming up in the stem. But, I think, E-Z beads are light enough to get caught in the valve stem core when you air up the tire. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EpCqAY2tGg) Thanks BBob.
That's why someone made a valve stem core with a check valve filter that keeps the beads from backing up in the core. I hope all I need to do is make sure the valve stem is oriented at the top of the wheel when it's on the bike and turn down the psi pressure on the air pump regulator so the beads don't blow back up the schrader valve core. Next time I will have Dyna beads installed with all tire changes. I found most dealers don't carry wheel balancing beads in stock. Stick on wheel weights are unreliable. Any further response to Dyna beads vs E-Z beads would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
When I put the beads in my 900 Vulcan tires I went looking for the filtered valve cores. They look like this.

Problem was nobody locally had them and I had to go like 45 minutes or more away to fetch. Then you cant buy one I had to buy like 20 in a package. LOL So I got a bunch laying in the tool box somewhere. Most of the time its no worries. Put valve core at lowest part the beads dont get stuck in valve core. If they do, just hit it with the air chuck and it blows the beads back out of the way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts