Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
I didn't know about that kit from Klockworks so thank you for the post. It's a nice video but the sound could be improved a little bit. That, and I never use a metal tool to remove plastic parts. I always use a soft plastic putty knife to remove things like the the headlight ring and the speaker grills.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Interesting product. Klock Werks is always thinking. If I listened to my stereo very often I think I'd invest in this. Then again; at $240 I'd have to think about it a little more. The idea is sound. Pardon the pun.

·
Registered
244 Posts
No....it won't stop "reverberations".

This is simply a butyl rubber adhesive mat which stops sympathetic vibrations. The fairing has a resonant frequency. Sticking something to it that doesn't have a resonant frequency will, in turn, stop the fairing from wanting to resonate at certain frequencies.

Basically, it'll make your low-end frequencies feel a little tighter because you won't hear the fairing buzz or rattle - if you have that problem.

If you want to do this mod...buy the material for $20. You'd be able to do about 5 bikes with this roll. Use an exacto knife to cut it. Very simple to do.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nashua-Tape-6-in-x-50-ft-Select-Window-and-Door-Flashing-Tape-1343003/206495170

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Great point. The Extreme Fairing Audio speaker boxes are huge (uge) compared to the original CCT fairing speaker boxes.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd guess I put mine in my fairing 80k miles ago and I live in Houston.

It ain't gonna melt off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts