Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is that better or worse with the Thor 2-1?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that better or worse with the Thor 2-1?
That's a good question.... Lloyd showed me a graph of 133/136 SAE.... but I took the bike to an event a week later and dyno'ed it on a different machine and that one agreed with today. It's a little better on torque and HP is the same.

It was way rich. All Kyle did was take fuel out everywhere.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I personally don't put all my faith in numbers. Your bike is running good. The drivability is better. It's still very strong and you seem happy with it. These numbers are for bar stools. You've already shown the real numbers. ET's!!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
H_C, what were you expecting ? They look pretty decent to me, except for the dip in the torque curve early in the RPM band.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally don't put all my faith in numbers. Your bike is running good. The drivability is better. It's still very strong and you seem happy with it. These numbers are for bar stools. You've already shown the real numbers. ET's!!!
I agree 100%, and I'm happy with the performance. Since the tune it's seamless in drivability and I got 46 mpg on the ride home... It has NEVER run this good or been tuned this well. The issue is that I was shown a graph at Lloydz with 133H/136T when I picked it up. I took it to another dyno the following week and it said 125 HP... Now I put it back on Lloydz dyno (Kyle's dyno now) and it makes 125 HP...

I was happy when it made 120/130, I just hate bullsh!t. I had this engine stroked from a 104 to a 110, balanced, and put in supposedly more aggressive cams and all I got was 6 horse, 4 ft-lbs, and a bullsh!t story about damaged thumb drives and never got a graph.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeah, I'd be a little (understatement) disappointed after dropping that kind of coin. Ya get more than that with a simple stage 1 .

·
Registered
634 Posts
Jayson...not sure where your info base is derived from, but stage 1 is nowhere near these numbers or performance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
all I got was 6 horse, 4 ft-lbs
I think that maybe JasonL was referring to these numbers not the overall increase.

HC, Are you thinking that Lloyd's dyno numbers are somehow inflated?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Every Dyno will give you a different number, The thing to do is test on the same dyno with the same corrections and look for gains or losses. You cant race a dyno.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just some food for thought. I'm not saying this is the case or not but I have personAlly seen it done. It's easy to cheat dyno numbers. A good friend of mine bought a california made chopper (Cmc). This bike was supposed to be top of the line . The dealer told him that this bike had been dyno tuned to max horse power and no mOre power could be gotten without modifying the motor. He bet this dealer oil changes for a year that if he gav him 30 min alone in the shop he could create better dyno numbers. The dealer agreed, they put the bike on the dyno and ran it for base line numbers. Twice to verify fluctuation in the machine. Which was within an accepted range . We then took the bike back in the shop and did nothing but increase the rear tire pressure 30psi and bullsh**ed for the remainder of the time. Then re ran the dyno and increased almost 16hp.. Free oil changes for him:D again not saying this is the case but it's sure an easy way to claim higher hp and tq numbers if that's what your tryin to sell

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Every Dyno will give you a different number, The thing to do is test on the same dyno with the same corrections and look for gains or losses. You cant race a dyno.
It was the same dyno and the same correction. I have 3 sources agree that it makes 125-ish horse:
*This most recent tune
*The Dynojet machine it was on in Ocean City
*The ET calculator I use for drag racing
I'd say the number is accurate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts