Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my bike back from the dealer after they replaced my leaking, porous rear head. They cut me a deal on most of the labor to install a set of VM1 DR cams and a PCV. I already have the Tri-ovals, Victory air filter and stage one flash.
Bike made 101hp and 105tq with a flat 13:1 air/fuel ratio. Bike is quite a bit quicker than before.
The hp trend was still climbing steadily when the rev limiter kicked in. I still plan on getting the adjustable timing gears and maybe the Lloyds air filter. I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Congratulations Fred, those are solid numbers. I would certainly get the Lloyds variable timing wheel and the Lloyds air filter. Likely good for another few hp and tq but the responsiveness in the lower rpm range should be noticeable.

I have a 2012 CCT so far with just the Lloyds air filter, the Tri Ovals and the downloaded fuel map. I'll be adding the Lloyds timing wheel, Lloyds cams and the PCV in the next phase.

Pretty sure you should be able to extend your rpm range a bit with the PCV as well. But in reality, 95% of my riding is between 2000 rpm and 3000 rpm so the upper rpm limit may or may not matter to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Fred, you and I had a similar situation. I also had a "porous" rear cylinder sleeve. I had been thinking about cams for a while and it seemed to be the perfect opportunity for a few more add ons. I also went with the new cams (Lloyds) VM-1, Lloyds adjustable timing system, had both heads ported at a machine shop, had the Power Commander 5 and the Autotune installed and had it lowered one inch. Saved a bundle on labor costs so I thought I would just get everything done. Prior to this I had the "Big Honkers" installed and the Victory performance air filter in. Noticed a huge difference in power above 2500 RPM, not so much below. My solution is to keep the RPM around 3000. Definitely increases the fun factor. Contemplating the Lloyds air filter system but still getting use to the way the bike runs. Dyno didn't seem necessary for me with the autotune set up. Had some popping initially when I picked it up but that has significantly decreased to minimal popping. Not sure if the autotune had anything to do with that. Good luck with your ride. I can verify you are headed in the right direction.

Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom, it would be fun to put yours on the dyno to see what the head porting gained you. There sure seems to be a lot of these porous heads.
I'm pleased with the results of my cams. I bought this bike for cruising and road trips. I've had my share of high horsepower bikes but I like riding this one better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts