Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally met Kyle at the Southeast Victory Rally and completed 95% of my horse power projects for my bike. He installed the VM1-Touring Cams and throttle ring. He also adjusted the timing gear and idle air valve. What's left? I need to have the ECU reprogrammed.

The two hour ride home was awesome. I had some popping but should be corrected after I adjust the air valve. However, I did see an improve with gas mileage. I average 42.2 mpg going and 45.5 returning even though I was aggressive on the return.

There are two graphs. Graph 2 depicts the results after the bike cooled off therefore showing the air/fuel readings are in-line with each other. Should I go by graph 1 or 2? I would love to say I am 119 hp and 119 ft-lbs.

Regardless, I should be in the 120s with the ECU reprogrammed.

Thanks again Kyle.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I finally met Kyle at the Southeast Victory Rally and completed 95% of my horse power projects for my bike. He installed the VM1-Touring Cams and throttle ring. He also adjusted the timing gear and idle air valve. What's left? I need to have the ECU reprogrammed.

The two hour ride home was awesome. I had some popping but should be corrected after I adjust the air valve. However, I did see an improve with gas mileage. I average 42.2 mpg going and 45.5 returning even though I was aggressive on the return.

There are two graphs. Graph 2 depicts the results after the bike cooled off therefore showing the air/fuel readings are in-line with each other. Should I go by graph 1 or 2? I would love to say I am 119 hp and 119 ft-lbs.

Regardless, I should be in the 120s with the ECU reprogrammed.

Thanks again Kyle.
Were those fuel economy numbers manual calculations or those displayed by the on board computer?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were those fuel economy numbers manual calculations or those displayed by the on board computer?
Displayed by the on board computer.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Nice charts.....now....this is probably an example of bad manners, but how much do you have invested to get where you are with those numbers?

·
Registered
634 Posts
The numbers are the numbers are the numbers. The torque is coming on earlier and you bike is making 119hp and T. The only downside is you can't enjoy that power for at least 2 weeks while the reprogramming is being done. Then...you're golden. The bike is running nice. You and Kyle did well. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
My dealer tells me about $1800 for:

Lloyds cams
Lloyds Variable Timing Wheel
Power Commander V
Autitune with wide band O2 sensors

I already have the Lloyds air filter and the Tri Oval mufflers. Yes, I'm saving to get these four items done asap.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Nice charts.....now....this is probably an example of bad manners, but how much do you have invested to get where you are with those numbers?
No problem. See below:

VM1-Touring cams - $520
Cam Install - $700
Dyno - $250
Air Filter - $135
Idle Air Valve - $77
Throttle Ring - $19.95
Timing Gear - $142
PCV - $369.95
HotVic Debaffled Pipes - $350

119 HP + 119 TQ = $2,563.90

ECU Reprogramming (Not done yet) - $200

120+ HP + 120+ TQ = $2,763.90

Worth it?

No I didn't purchase all at once. Most items sat on the shelf for over 8 months waiting for me to meet Lloyd or Kyle to install.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dealer tells me about $1800 for:

Lloyds cams
Lloyds Variable Timing Wheel
Power Commander V
Autitune with wide band O2 sensors

I already have the Lloyds air filter and the Tri Oval mufflers. Yes, I'm saving to get these four items done asap.
I also have the auto-tune but decided not to install after talking to Kyle. It is now for sale.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
No problem. See below:

VM1-Touring cams - $520
Cam Install - $700
Dyno - $250
Air Filter - $135
Idle Air Valve - $77
Throttle Ring - $19.95
Timing Gear - $142
PCV - $369.95
HotVic Debaffled Pipes - $350

119 HP + 119 TQ = $2,563.90

ECU Reprogramming (Not done yet) - $200

120+ HP + 120+ TQ = $2,763.90

Worth it?

No I didn't purchase all at once. Most items sat on the shelf for over 8 months waiting for me to meet Lloyd or Kyle to install.
That actually seems pretty damn reasonable to me!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I was quoted just about 1800.00 from my dealer fro the exact same install VM1 cams, Air filter, timing wheel, PC-V and install. I also got virtually the same price from Lloydz and his price includes dyno tune. Dealer said they could dyno it but it would cost more and that they had had very good luck just getting the settings from Lloyd.

I am going to make the 1000 mile round trip to Lloyd to have him do mine. I am fully confident in my dealer, but why not make a ride ou tof it and let the man himself do the job.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was quoted just about 1800.00 from my dealer fro the exact same install VM1 cams, Air filter, timing wheel, PC-V and install. I also got virtually the same price from Lloydz and his price includes dyno tune. Dealer said they could dyno it but it would cost more and that they had had very good luck just getting the settings from Lloyd.

I am going to make the 1000 mile round trip to Lloyd to have him do mine. I am fully confident in my dealer, but why not make a ride ou tof it and let the man himself do the job.
You can save some money by going with the VM1 cams vs. the VM1-Touring cams. But, less performance.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Very impressive
Nice list of add ons too

Do you notice any added valve noise?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Do you know where Kyle set the timing wheel? I have mine at 5+ and the improvement is dramatic, to say the least.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I talked to Rylan about the difference in the cams and he said that unless I was going to spend my time above 4500 RPM to save my money and go with the original VM cams. He said that made very similar power until above 4500 rpm. While the numbers of the touring cams look good, I believe I will stay with the originals and save a few dollars.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts