Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2010 XC

I will be getting my bike dyno tested on Tuesday for a baseline. I will be then adding hi flow filter, removing strip, ness big shot fuel controller and ness big honkers exhaust and then testing again.

Anyone want to estimate my increase of hp and tq?

Any insite into setting up the big shot?

·
13,002 Posts
What are you test a lawn more or a bike what kinda bike what year

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did the Dyno today.

Results

1st Run (6th Gear) HP 82.89 Torque 97.93
2nd Run (5th Gear) HP 83.40 Torque 97.68
3rd Run (4th Gear) HP 80.20 Torque 93.97

I think this is rated in SAE

Looked like my HP was still climbing in all runs right up untill 4500 RPM (rev limit?)
My Max Torque was in the 3000 RPM Area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a box of goodies waiting for me when I got home. One part was a new Hi Flow Air Filter. I installed that and removed the weather strip. It now sounds like their is a snake under my gas tank at idle and there is more of a chatter or thumping while accelerating. The throttle response seems better.

I am still waiting on my ness big shot and ness honkers. Both should be in this week to be installed.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
4th gear has a rev limit of 5500, 5th and 6th is around 5000-5200. With stock cams the power does fall like a rock at 4500 though. So a 5th gear run will give you the best numbers. One thing about spinning X bikes is....The back bone/intake gets real hot; real fast, and the numbers plummet. You can only make 3 pulls before you have to let the bike sit on the fan for a while

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4th gear has a rev limit of 5500, 5th and 6th is around 5000-5200. With stock cams the power does fall like a rock at 4500 though. So a 5th gear run will give you the best numbers. One thing about spinning X bikes is....The back bone/intake gets real hot; real fast, and the numbers plummet. You can only make 3 pulls before you have to let the bike sit on the fan for a while
I rode my bike 65 miles and it sat for less then 10 min before it was ran on the dyno....

With what you said about the heat my numbers should have been a little higher. Hopefully when it is dynoed after the mods it will be under the same conditions to get a good indictation of the increase.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Picture this...

Your driving down the road and happen upon a stop light, here comes a Harley and the rider is revving his engine...

You

a. Open your visor and say..I would love to but I have to let my bike cool off so my dyno numbers are higher...

b. Smoke his azz as his air cooled twin is hotter and making less power then your XC.

I rode my bike 65 miles and it sat for less then 10 min before it was ran on the dyno....

With what you said about the heat my numbers should have been a little higher. Hopefully when it is dynoed after the mods it will be under the same conditions to get a good indictation of the increase.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Picture this...

Your driving down the road and happen upon a stop light, here comes a Harley and the rider is revving his engine...

You

a. Open your visor and say..I would love to but I have to let my bike cool off so my dyno numbers are higher...

b. Smoke his azz as his air cooled twin is hotter and making less power then your XC.
Riding down the road is not the same as the soaked heat produced on a dyno

·
Registered
236 Posts
full roll on's 2-4th gear is no different then a pull...you have two big massive fans moving just as much if not more air as when going down the road...
I have thousands of passes down a strip and in the final rounds of bracket racing your basically hot lapping...et and mph fall as a result of being heat soaked.

Riding down the road is not the same as the soaked heat produced on a dyno

1 - 20 of 36 Posts