Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals...How much were you charged for a custom dyno tune with a power commander III...? I went to a local guy and he estimated 4-8 hours at $90per hour shop rate. Does that sound right? I hate to commit with a 4 hour maybe. I'm ordering a S&S intake with the pc3 and I see cams in my future. I've had my Jackpot for a month and already put 1700 miles on it and loved every one of them.thumb up

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Hey guys and gals...How much were you charged for a custom dyno tune with a power commander III...? I went to a local guy and he estimated 4-8 hours at $90per hour shop rate. Does that sound right? I hate to commit with a 4 hour maybe. I'm ordering a S&S intake with the pc3 and I see cams in my future. I've had my Jackpot for a month and already put 1700 miles on it and loved every one of them.thumb up
It is typical to pay 3 hours for setting up a PC3

·
Registered
67 Posts
Kevin,

Is the PC-3 upgrade a good way to go for tuning the Victory 106 engine? What are some of the other alternatives? I am looking for mid-range power and torque, cooler running, mpg, and reliability.

Thanks for your insights.

D2

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Kevin,

Is the PC-3 upgrade a good way to go for tuning the Victory 106 engine? What are some of the other alternatives? I am looking for mid-range power and torque, cooler running, mpg, and reliability.

Thanks for your insights.

D2

106 is a closed loop bike. With it you can go PC5 with auto tune. Nice little set up

·
Registered
67 Posts
Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. Just so I am clear, the PC-5 / Autotune is a canned map that requires no dyno tuning correct? If I added Lloydz cams, and all the Stage I / II mods would you still go the PC-5 route??

D2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts