Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer, Mom's in Foxboro MA, was having an demo weekend. I stopped by to buy some grips with the open house discount. There was Dyno truck there from KMC Powersports. I just installed a second hand VFC III so I figured this was a great time to get it dialed in. My XC 8ball is largely stock with the vfc, Vic Stage 1 air filter and WD muscle baffled pipes. Kyle recommended a timing wheel. He installed the gear, tweaked the vfc and she made 90 hp and 105 ft/lbs torque. He said that was great for a basically stock engine. It ran great on the way home, but man those were expensive grips!

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Having it tuned make it so much smoother and responsive.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Nice bump in power for your XC 8ball!

Yeah, Kyle and Jack were working hard to meet their customers needs. thumb up

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Kyle is great. He and Matt are the only people that wrench my bike. I stopped by today as well, but didn't get anything.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I was there on Friday and Kyle did Cams, PC5 and dyno..ended up w/112/112. Not too bad with tri-ovals. Completely agree that Kyle is such a great guy to talk to.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I was there on Friday and Kyle did Cams, PC5 and dyno..ended up w/112/112. Not too bad with tri-ovals. Completely agree that Kyle is such a great guy to talk to.
That sounds familiar. Let's start the 112/112 Tri-Oval club! cheers
Yes, Kyle and crew are awesome. Did mine in Helen. Only regret is can't just go ride.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Yes, Kyle and crew are awesome. Did mine in Helen. Only regret is can't just go ride.
Count me in!

I just dropped off my stock XCT at Kyle's shop in Westerly, RI tonight. I'm going with Lloydz VM1-DR Cams, ATS, HF Air Filter and PC% with Dyno Tune. :D

Kyle said he expects 112's off the Dyno with the Tri-Ovals, which is just fine with me. I decided against the Touring Cams while talking with Kyle, because they don't fit my style of riding.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Bastards with your 106 motors. :D

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
:ltr:

I'm just really fortunate to have Kyle, aka Dr. Horsepower, in my backyard! :D
Bastards for having a respected Victory guy close by!! :D

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
My little 92" puts out respectible numbers for the minor mods I've done.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Are there any Victory tuners in AL that you guys our gals may no of? I live in Madison AL which is the Northern part of AL.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Count me in!

I just dropped off my stock XCT at Kyle's shop in Westerly, RI tonight. I'm going with Lloydz VM1-DR Cams, ATS, HF Air Filter and PC% with Dyno Tune. :D

Kyle said he expects 112's off the Dyno with the Tri-Ovals, which is just fine with me. I decided against the Touring Cams while talking with Kyle, because they don't fit my style of riding.

You're liable to do better possibly. Many low numbers due to humidity when I had mine done. And every motor is different. I know a guy with gutted stock mufflers who did the PCV, timing wheel and filter only and pulled a 116ft-lbs and nearly 100 horses. You never know.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
234 Posts
Too funny...he was saying that anywhere between 110-115 is what he expected. cheers

·
Registered
234 Posts
:ltr:

I'm just really fortunate to have Kyle, aka Dr. Horsepower, in my backyard! :D
I was at KMC today....i bet that that was your bike i was admiring!thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
You're liable to do better possibly. Many low numbers due to humidity when I had mine done. And every motor is different. I know a guy with gutted stock mufflers who did the PCV, timing wheel and filter only and pulled a 116ft-lbs and nearly 100 horses. You never know.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Very true. When Kyle was tuning my 11 XC last July it was 95 degrees in the shade and the bike was super hot inside the Dyno trailer. It did run 113HP/112T though which was great but, Kyle thought with cooler weather, the numbers would be a few ticks higher. You're right about each Vic motor being different. Not sure why so many 106's from Ma Vic differ so. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I was at KMC today....i bet that that was your bike i was admiring!thumb up
It must have been. Thanks, Brother!

cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts