Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took my bike to a dealer here, it is actually a Suzuki dealership however they have a Dyno machine. I have a power commander on my bike and wanted to get it tuned up. I was told that a simple air fuel check and change could be done with no custom mapping.

The bike went on the Dyno, had about 83 HP or so and 92 ft lbs torque. However, the air/fuel readings wear like just a big horseshoe, which obviously wasn't right, because if that was true, the bike would be running SUPER lean, and would just be running like crap but on the contrary, the bike runs really great.

What am I to do about getting a simple tuning? The dealership made the excuse that they have never dyno tuned a victory, and they dont know how to do it...which is obvious. But since the bike is running stong, and even better since a put a little sea foam injector cleaner in there, should I just leave it alone and let it be until I actually get to a certified dealer in about a year???

It just pains me to not have anyone around here that knows anything at all about my bike. Thanks in advance for the responses, and I will now get down from my soap box.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
What have you done to the bike?

Tuners aren't necessary if you haven't gone into the engine.

All you need is a good download if you have an intake and exhaust. If you are all stock you just need the TPS adjusted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dyno

Yeah all I have is exhaust and intake. I didn't put the tuner on there, it was there when I purchased the bike. I didn't even know it was there until the other day looking under the battery box (I bought the bike from a woman who purchased it for her ex boyfriend). As for the chart, it is literally like a big U in the middle for the air/fuel. I am just not going to worry about it as the bike is running just fine. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Kevin am I wrong that he doesn't need a tuner with just an exhaust and intake?
You are correct, but his living in Hawaii makes a trip to the dealer a bit of a challange.
The reason I would like to see the chart is that it sounds like you may have a cracked intake adaptor, and I would be able to spot it in your A/F curve.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dyno Chart

The guy called me from the dealership again this morning, he said that they called this place in vegas, and apparently there was nothing wrong with my bike, they just had the peramiters on the dyno all wrong. They didn't even have a setting for a victory on there, so I guess the guy did it like he would do a gsxr-1000 or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.