Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
13,003 Posts
getting a dyno tune is just as good or better then adding auto tune.
auto tune works or does its best when you have the correct map installed in your PCV

·
Registered
445 Posts
Anyone have experience with this system and how well does it work?
It's all to do with your AFR table/s.

I start with a zero fuel map. So upon initial start up my bike runs on the values of the stage 1 ECU flash.

As I ride it take about 8 seconds in each cell over time to adjust the running AFR to the one I've specified on my PCV AFR tables.

From what I've observed my Hammer runs lean at idle. Lean just off idle as I crack the throttle and then rich for the majority of the rest of the map.

You're not recommended to autotune idle but I use it without issue and when I have trim values I can save them and put zeros in those idle cells so the autotune doesn't activate at idle.

I doubt you'd ever get the same performance from an autotune as you would with an experienced dyno tuner, but it depends what you're after.

Attached is my AFR table.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have Auto tune installed and after working with it last year, and some track time for higher end mapping, it dial the bike in. I am happy with the outcome and proformance gains. I install the map switch to run two map, and looking forward with my appointment with Llyodz in late March to see what I have, and what his tune will produce it should be very interesting to put him to the test. In short the auto tune will keep your bike dialed in after the Dyno tune in my opinion. We will see if the master can get me more Hp and torque.

·
Registered
445 Posts
In short the auto tune will keep your bike dialed in after the Dyno tune in my opinion. We will see if the master can get me more Hp and torque.
Slam if you let the AT have it's way with your dyno tune, you'll waste your money on the tune. That is if you're using your own AFR values.

Now if you could capture the AFR values Lloyd tune is producing for each cell in your table, then that's different.

Have a read up on "Tuning Link" software from DynoJet.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts