Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,394 Posts
All I see is a blur. Lol

Yeah I'm curious your final result.

·
Super Moderator
6,404 Posts
Try taking a screenshot and posting that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yes use the PRNT SCRN key, paste into MS paint. Save, then post. :)

Yeah I'll email you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Too much like work. Post them if you like! You have them now. Lol

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
302 Posts
i realize even on computer these are still too small. limitation of the site. if you want the original copies pm me an email address..anyone who is interested. if you have a pv cx pm me your email and let me know you want the actual tune files like Indy did:)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yeah I have no problems sending anyone tune files as well. We can exchange and experiment on our own. If you break your bike it's your problem...

I'm about done on a tune for stock air since fuelmotousa only wanted to send me tune for Lloyd's because that's all they have at dynojet for my ECU ID. You can however take any tune and mod the numbers so it will work on other bikes.

The dynojet tune scares the crap out of me because no joke there is one cell with a 600% increase on engine timing over stock...
Even a timing wheel is not going to make a change that dramatic.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah I have no problems sending anyone tune files as well. We can exchange and experiment on our own. If you break your bike it's your problem...

I'm about done on a tune for stock air since fuelmotousa only wanted to send me tune for Lloyd's because that's all they have at dynojet for my ECU ID. You can however take any tune and mod the numbers so it will work on other bikes.

The dynojet tune scares the crap out of me because no joke there is one cell with a 600% increase on engine timing over stock...
Even a timing wheel is not going to make a change that dramatic.
You could always contact Dusty at Dynojet and ask him if can send you a stock filter tune

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yeah I didn't think about contacting them directly. Fuelmotousa just told me use that tune they sent. Zero support. Even when I tell them I have stock not lloyds. Oh well. I think I have stock filter tune from you right?
I was gonna compare that with mine and see how they compare.

I have not done anything like timing yet because I'm not sure what pinging sounds like or if I would be able to hear it with my earplugs. So far everything sounds normal.

I'll be starting over when I change air filters anyway I'm just getting familiar with the process.
Fixing the extreme lean VE at idle made taking off from a stop 100% better. Smooth like my carb tuned Honda not jerky.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Volumetric efficiency tables and afr tables. 2 pics for each to account for all values
Hi Tenax, thanks for posting the tables. May be just me but even if I select the picture they are our of focus / too small to read.

Maybe higher resolution?

I'll send you a PM with my email address. Send me the map an I may be able to import it or something.

Thanks very much Tenax.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Volumetric efficiency tables and afr tables. 2 pics for each to account for all values
Hi Tenax, thanks for posting the tables. May be just me but even if I select the picture they are our of focus / too small to read.

Maybe higher resolution?

I'll send you a PM with my email address. Send me the map an I may be able to import it or something.

Thanks very much Tenax.
Unfortunately this site is limited with only like 600 x 280 for images and options to scale. Its just too much tiny info on image for here. Yep send me your email

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah I didn't think about contacting them directly. Fuelmotousa just told me use that tune they sent. Zero support. Even when I tell them I have stock not lloyds. Oh well. I think I have stock filter tune from you right?
I was gonna compare that with mine and see how they compare.

I have not done anything like timing yet because I'm not sure what pinging sounds like or if I would be able to hear it with my earplugs. So far everything sounds normal.

I'll be starting over when I change air filters anyway I'm just getting familiar with the process.
Fixing the extreme lean VE at idle made taking off from a stop 100% better. Smooth like my carb tuned Honda not jerky.
Yes you do. The dynojet tune for stock filter and aftermarket pipes. You'd probably have to get Dusty to mod the id to work with your bike or just run a compare files and make the mods to the hi flow air and aftermarket pipes djet file u have . I love compare files!

On a sidenote I heard my bike for the first time ridden by someone else when I had it at the dealer today. Damn it sounds good! Lol

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The method to change tunes from one bike to another is on the dynojet website so I can do it easily. I posted link here but it's buried.

Most areas my VE table is 5-10% leaner than stock with richer in a few areas like the extreme lean idle.
When I swap air filters I'll be starting over with stock but the areas where stock was lean I'll add that in for my base tune on the high flow filter. That was sort of the point in doing this was to both get an idea of how the process works and so I can have a decent starting point for the other filter. :)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yeah if I ever actually get back to my office I'll start a thread showing the stock tune log data and my progress as I experiment.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Yeah if I ever actually get back to my office I'll start a thread showing the stock tune log data and my progress as I experiment.
That’s would be a huge asset to everyone Indy. For everyone post and pre tune showing your experiences are invaluable for others to get started themselves. Looking forward to it!

Reactions: MC Hammer

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I'm NOT a dyno expert just a guy playing with a bike. Most of what I know is from Craig's blog he deserves all the credit with these CX tuners.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Understood totally Indy but your experiences as you try are important. @Craigb1960 is the bomb! He truly knows his stuff. As we all upgrade he is instrumental in fine tuning us all.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Yeah this is something I planned to do for a while just haven't gotten to it. I have all the logs to show off stock and some corrections.
Going to drop in the high flow filter though so I'm not bothering to do full tune to stock.
It's gonna be a long thread.

Reactions: klementa
241 - 260 of 307 Posts