Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

261 - 280 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,382 Posts
Interesting. New beta update for the power core software and new updates for the victory ECU definition files.
Good that they still working on it.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Dynojet.
Updating the definition files for the ECUs. I actually have two different ECU definitions here thanks to Tenax.
As they update they might have more stuff for us to play with on the ECU. Right now it looks the same but they might uncover something cool that's tweakable in the future.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
First step...

Finally installed my PVCX (and Lloydz filter). Working with @Craigb1960 through fuel moto to get the best tune for my ride. I used @Tenax last tune as a starting point and WOW.... WHAT A DIFFERENCE on just a 20mile jaunt. I will report back after a long ride tomorrow and check through all gears and rpm levels but just taking off and accelerating is a big improvement already but the true test is canyon riding in low rpm’s.

Final will be a local dynotune to improve the narrow band tune and see what that difference will be.

Don’t hesitate from trying this bad ass tuner. She takes about 15m to flash and download the tunes from @Dynojet. The longer process is getting @Craigb1960 mad skills to fine tune our machine for the most output/linear power delivery.

With the @Tenax tune by Craig B, I was able to do a nice first gear rolling burnout until turning to 2nd.. I don’t recommend anyone that but boy was it fun! Super excited about tomorrow’s canyon riding...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thats great to hear! And I wish I had had that point A to point Z experience:) glad you did! I'm still very happy with my tune

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
This is what makes the forum so awesome! Thanks again @Tenax ! Will advise tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks! The service is absolutely worth it. Its a process for sure, but big pay offs. Btw, he didn't just use logs. I have him a summary after every ride and was as detailed as I could be. Rpms at which things occurred. Decel, gear shift change etc. He's a retired engineer and I've worked with many so I know lots of data is good. In the absence of being able to experience it himself, I think that helps.
It did, you were very through. It is so much easier to tune a bike on a dyno, since the operator has all his faculties to judge the progress. So, between the data and your details, it made it easier to dial in yours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Equations for Power Core

Just a note, since I saw a reference to the blog and equations. I just have not had any time lately to update the blogs, but the equations I use (at least a very good base) I give out to those that request them. All you have to do is email me at craigbennett1960 at yahoo dot com. I will send you these equations.

Separate equations for VE and FC as well as tuning with wideband versus narrowband. The nice thing about Victory's is you can get most of the fueling into closed-loop to tune, very much like Harley's Delphi ECU and TTS Mastertune.

I use a slightly more advanced version I wrote, but it is based on the algorithms that I use in the public ones I send out.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Just a note, since I saw a reference to the blog and equations. I just have not had any time lately to update the blogs, but the equations I use (at least a very good base) I give out to those that request them. All you have to do is email me at craigbennett1960 at yahoo dot com. I will send you these equations.

Separate equations for VE and FC as well as tuning with wideband versus narrowband. The nice thing about Victory's is you can get most of the fueling into closed-loop to tune, very much like Harley's Delphi ECU and TTS Mastertune.

I use a slightly more advanced version I wrote, but it is based on the algorithms that I use in the public ones I send out.
How much do you actually put into closed loop? I rarely get above 60% in normal riding so I didn't put anything above that into closed loop.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I put a lot into closed-loop, all except the last row in the Target AFR table. I do not go to 14.7 in these areas, but 14.3.
Okay cool so I can push it up a little farther. Just using the equations really helped a lot on stock. I'll eventually change out the air but idle was crazy lean and fixing that made a huge difference in performance. Really surprised me.
Thanks for the equations and blog it's fun tinkering with this bike. :)

Reactions: klementa

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Finally installed my PVCX (and Lloydz filter). Working with @Craigb1960 through fuel moto to get the best tune for my ride. I used @Tenax last tune as a starting point and WOW.... WHAT A DIFFERENCE on just a 20mile jaunt. I will report back after a long ride tomorrow and check through all gears and rpm levels but just taking off and accelerating is a big improvement already but the true test is canyon riding in low rpm’s.

Final will be a local dynotune to improve the narrow band tune and see what that difference will be.

Don’t hesitate from trying this bad ass tuner. She takes about 15m to flash and download the tunes from @Dynojet. The longer process is getting @Craigb1960 mad skills to fine tune our machine for the most output/linear power delivery.

With the @Tenax tune by Craig B, I was able to do a nice first gear rolling burnout until turning to 2nd.. I don’t recommend anyone that but boy was it fun! Super excited about tomorrow’s canyon riding...
Super excited with the feedback from the bike so far. She pulls great at 2-4rpm. Significantly more than before with effortless torque. The top end acceleration is as improved and wants to go more. She loves to rev. She is confidence inspiring and loves to smoke the tire. One caution is to be a little more careful in accelerating hard through turns. With her new found juice you need to ease on the throttle. She LOVES the canyons...

Attachments

Reactions: Bueller

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #276

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
These have got to be the most positive posts about performance WITHOUT CAMS that I have ever seen.
Don’t get me wrong I WANT the cams but the tune alone is a significant improvement. I personally suggest all try the PVCX first then see what suits your needs.

Many report the CC will lift her front end with the addition of Lloydz cams and proposer tune.. wowza! Who doesn’t want some of THAT! Lol...

Riding two up today in the canyons and will see... ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Super excited with the feedback from the bike so far. She pulls great at 2-4rpm. Significantly more than before with effortless torque. The top end acceleration is as improved and wants to go more. She loves to rev. She is confidence inspiring and loves to smoke the tire. One caution is to be a little more careful in accelerating hard through turns. With her new found juice you need to ease on the throttle. She LOVES the canyons...
Yes, you do need to be a little more circumspect with the throttle hand on a tuned bike, especially so in the wet. Mine will easily break traction on damp surfaces at 70 mph whilst overtaking.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
Don’t get me wrong I WANT the cams but the tune alone is a significant improvement. I personally suggest all try the PVCX first then see what suits your needs.

Many report the CC will lift her front end with the addition of Lloydz cams and proposer tune.. wowza! Who doesn’t want some of THAT! Lol...

Riding two up today in the canyons and will see... ��

…...and you get better gas mileage.

Reactions: klementa

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #280

Riding two up today in the canyons and will see... ?
The 2up riding was as impressive as single if not more. Lots of torque, no drag and plenty more power on tap. I could stay in 3rd at 2k rpm up 20/25 degree inclines. Too awesome... the PVCX should be your first mod...

261 - 280 of 307 Posts