Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,382 Posts
So basically I should try Tenex tune when I get my filter changed? Lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Can’t say enough about the PVCX and the tenacity tune. Single up or two up riding and she is a ton of fun. A significant improvement over stock (with lloydz filter)... still working on the cams.. maybe next year...

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I might try it. Days are running out here. It seems we are only going to have cold and rain in November. Forecast is not bike friendly at all. :(

·
13,313 Posts
All ways thought winter was a good time to save up money and do research. Then in spring look to see where the rallies were going to be and what dyno tuners were going to be there. Now you'll have pipes and air filter and the tuner will have the cams and can install them along with a dyno tune.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Just bought another Magnum and wanted to see if anyone ever received the final version of the Tenax tune? I have the 15th and love it but thought I would check.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Tenax left here long ago and sold the bike.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Anyone have a Pvcx further modified tune? I recall you toying with that tune as well? Just wanted to see if anymore refinement?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a PVcx but tune was done on a dyno. Runs great (see data in sig). Problem is, DynoJet no longer supports the unit. 😠

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
I talked to their support team. It is sad. They will help us make the maps compatible though. How do you like the map? Do you recall the final performance?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
You can copy tables between tunes.

Tenax was okay but not great for my engine.
I ran it for a short time motor seemed to run hotter with it.
Still tinkering on my own as I get time using wideband sensor kit for the PVCX.
Have to work on that pesky decel pop.

The sad part is it would take DJ only a little work to support Victory on the new model being the Indian uses same connector. They not going to bother though.

Reactions: klementa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello PVCX users

I have been using the PVCX since 2017. 2017-2018 I created together with Craig Bennett first an open loop map and then a closed loop map. Since this time I am optimizing a combined map. I only make manual corrections and pay attention to balanced tables Target AFR, Fuel Comp, Volumetric Efficiency Base and Ignition Timing. The goal was always to "calm down" the somewhat unsteady lowend area. My intention is that due to the large play in the drive train the limits (mechanical limits 4 valves?) are reached and I can't go any further. A few subjective parameters:
6. gear:
  • I can let the bike roll well with 1150 rpm.
  • Below 1150 rpm you can feel more clearly that it "bumps".
  • From 1300 rpm it can be accelerated smoothly.
  • From 1500 rpm it "bites" properly.

What are your intentions?

Thank you very much for the exchange.

Best Regards
Andreas

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Excellent! This map is on your 13 Hammer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
You can copy tables between tunes.

Tenax was okay but not great for my engine.
I ran it for a short time motor seemed to run hotter with it.
Still tinkering on my own as I get time using wideband sensor kit for the PVCX.
Have to work on that pesky decel pop.

The sad part is it would take DJ only a little work to support Victory on the new model being the Indian uses same connector. They not going to bother though.
imdy as you work on the wide and kit do you mind sharing your map? I would love to try it.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I don't have anything really worth sharing in my tinkering. I will say the Tenax VE table is 99% perfect in the normal operating range. I believe that was a 2016 Magnum with Lloyd's and my 2012 XCT using Lloyd's.
I just tuned the higher ranges too risky to put into closed loop.

What doesn't play so nice is the timing and individual cylinder tables. Numbers get whacky and bike runs but runs hot.

Just using the VE from the Tenax tune should be a great base for anyone with a cross bike and go from there with tweaking it.

I'm really happy with how the bike performs but it's still rich. I need to work on leaning it down a bit. I'll hit fuel light at 150ish miles on slab but in city it's anywhere from 130-140.
Stock was also hitting the light at 150 so that is the goal then I'll stop fooling with fuel.

I haven't even messed with timing. Thinking of playing down low under 3k RPM next summer.

Reactions: klementa

·
Registered
669 Posts
I talked to their support team. It is sad. They will help us make the maps compatible though. How do you like the map? Do you recall the final performance?
The guy that did my dyno-tune is a well known engine builder/tuner. He did the engine on my 06 HD Deluxe and it ran like a raped ape. I was his first tune with the PVcx and it runs and pulls great. Mileage is good as well with 200 mi tanks while cruising at 80.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
The guy that did my dyno-tune is a well known engine builder/tuner. He did the engine on my 06 HD Deluxe and it ran like a raped ape. I was his first tune with the PVcx and it runs and pulls great. Mileage is good as well with 200 mi tanks while cruising at 80.
Wow. That’s great. Did you ever compare to the Tenax map? Just to see the differences? This is on your 14 XC right?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wow. That’s great. Did you ever compare to the Tenax map? Just to see the differences? This is on your 14 XC right?
I did not try any "canned" maps or maps from tunes done on other bikes. As I noted in my previous post, had it installed and dyno tuned by a builder/tuner in my area.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
If anyone decides to go with an Autotune 300, I have one I'll let go for $150. I ended up with two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a auto tune 300 to return. According to a statement from Dynojet about 2 years ago, it is not compatible with the PVCX. Are there more recent statements or opinions?

281 - 300 of 307 Posts