Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was screwing around with the bike the other day, just poking around, checking things out, getting intimately familiar with the machine while the tins are at the painter. I remembered that one of the lower wind deflectors seemed kind of loose. Not that it doesn’t stay where I put it, but it juggles around a bit. So I started checking out the lower pin that holds the flap in and found the e-clip that keeps the pin in place was gone. So I hunted around the garage, not finding an e-clip of the right size, I settled on a neoprene O-ring that fit tight. Out of pure curiosity I checked out the other side… the e-clip fell off into my hand in two pieces. :mad: I thought to myself… “What is this poor quality Chinese crap doing on this magnificent machine!” But it’s not a vital part, so whatever… I went and got another O-ring.

Just for fun I went and looked up the clip on the parts fiche… Victory charges $1.33 each for the e-clips, and there is 3 of them on the bike. Guess where the third one is……………………….

It holds a pin in the linkage from the rear brake pedal to the master cylinder!!!! DAMN!!! :eek

I will be replacing that e-clip before the bike goes back on the road.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I thought to myself… “What is this poor quality Chinese crap doing on this magnificent machine!”
I mentioned Chinese CRAP on another thread and seemed to get flamed for it , be careful BBob !

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Death by a thousand cuts. I lost the E to one of the hinge pins on my streetside glove box a couple months ago. Didn't think much of it.
Finally I got a bike that can take on rice for engine longevity and now I get to ride it while it comes apart a nickel and dime at a time. Riot!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Oh great!! If they don't fix this, I'm telling my Mom!!!!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
So I was screwing around with the bike the other day, just poking around, checking things out, getting intimately familiar with the machine while the tins are at the painter. I remembered that one of the lower wind deflectors seemed kind of loose. Not that it doesn’t stay where I put it, but it juggles around a bit. So I started checking out the lower pin that holds the flap in and found the e-clip that keeps the pin in place was gone. So I hunted around the garage, not finding an e-clip of the right size, I settled on a neoprene O-ring that fit tight. Out of pure curiosity I checked out the other side… the e-clip fell off into my hand in two pieces. :mad: I thought to myself… “What is this poor quality Chinese crap doing on this magnificent machine!” But it’s not a vital part, so whatever… I went and got another O-ring.

Just for fun I went and looked up the clip on the parts fiche… Victory charges $1.33 each for the e-clips, and there is 3 of them on the bike. Guess where the third one is……………………….

It holds a pin in the linkage from the rear brake pedal to the master cylinder!!!! DAMN!!! :eek

I will be replacing that e-clip before the bike goes back on the road.
Beo: you happen to have any pics of the areas in question?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts