Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the XCT two weeks ago.
Upgrades - 2" pull back bar.
On back-order - Stage kit (Arlen Ness Honkers, Arlen Ness fuel command and air filter upgrades); driver back rest; rider arm rest.

Now 1500 miles later love it more all the time. Wife and I went to Hot Springs, Ark. and rode 700 miles over the weekend. Very nice. Very comfortable. Used heat in morning, then vents in afternoon. How cool is that!!!

Had Yamaha Stratoliner before. Put 60,000 miles on it.
Upgrades were - Super trunk with Mustang back rest; Mustang seats with driver back rest; Rifle 21" windshield; Bucks lowers; some little stuff.
Said all that to say, Only thing I miss about the Strat is the low-end torque and I think the Stage Kit will make that go away too.

One awesome ride!!

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Congrats on the new XCT. thumb up

Did you upgrade to the pullback bars before you rode out from the dealer or did you buy after some miles with the stock bars? I've noticed many owners on the forum have gone with these bars.

I'm considering buying, but I'd like to take a ride on a cross bike with the 2" bars to determine if I really need them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had test rode one off the floor.
Got the old familiar pinch between the shoulder blades like I got with the Strat.
I'm only 5'7". So the Strat stretched me a lot. With the driver back rest I still just about sat on the tank.
I'm also kind of a 'sloucher'. (i'm 60 yrs old; been riding 40 yrs)
Thought the xct wouldn't do that, cuz when sitting on the showroom floor it felt pretty good. NOPE!

Ordered it with the pull back bars

If anything I might order pull back apes.
The bars could be up a little higher and be just a little better

1 - 3 of 3 Posts