Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking rear tire pressure today and noticed this,i don't remember seeing it before, it looks to clean to be a crack, maybe an alignment mark. Since I ride 2 up most of the time I just wanted to be sure.picture posted upside down.... dam..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Wow. I'll have to look at mine when I leave work. That doesn't strike me as normal; I doubt it's an alignment mark, I would expect several alignment marks. I wish the photo was larger so I could zoom in and see more detail.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Hope its normal...:eek:

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's an alignment mark. I about freaked the first time I saw it on mine.
I hope so, was taken some twisties pretty fast the other day....:smile

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Yep. I take my doubt back, I have it too. Carry on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. I take my doubt back, I have it too. Carry on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks man, just couldn't remember seeing that before..scary lookin tho...cheers

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:smile:smile:smile:smile

Attachments

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
@Weeds I knew you were alright from the moment I saw that pic. :smile That said, I remember a few years ago there was a member here that had a swingarm failure, where it split through right in front of the adjustment slot :|

Now go have a Mind-Eraser 1 part Kahlua, 1 part Absolute, 2 parts seltzer

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Weeds I knew you were alright from the moment I saw that pic. :smile That said, I remember a few years ago there was a member here that had a swingarm failure, where it split through right in front of the adjustment slot :|

Now go have a Mind-Eraser 1 part Kahlua, 1 part Absolute, 2 parts seltzer
Having a beer as we speak...:p

·
Registered
4,078 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Make it two..and that works ;)
Will do, thanks guys for the fast replies, thumb up do to surgery I haven't been under it in awhile. planning on getting caught up on some riding before winter...:pepper:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Just to be sure I would maybe take a piece of paper or something and make sure the crack dont go all the way thru. Or if you can clean it enough to verify.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to be sure I would maybe take a piece of paper or something and make sure the crack dont go all the way thru. Or if you can clean it enough to verify.
Double checked, looks shallow, and smooth, thanks for the tip...:smile

·
13,172 Posts
doesn't that metal plate have a notch or line on the bottom side. ( your photo) what I'm trying to say that plate is up side down. The open slot should be on the bottom

Attachments

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
doesn't that metal plate have a notch or line on the bottom side. ( your photo) what I'm trying to say that plate is up side down. The open slot should be on the bottom
Hey Johnny, the original pic is upside down, I posted another pic a couple posts down....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts