Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulled off the big rear tire + wheel today to put my matching pirelli night dragon on a 240 that is. a 27 mm socket is needed or crudely a big adjustable wrench. the disc side adjuster would not fit the 13 mm socket, other side was good. i will massage the swingarm as it has a raised edge that i will remove so belt adjustment can be made. manual listed 15/64 at 10 lb for the belt on my 13 8 ball hammer with rear wheel elevated is that right? its easily 1" right now at 2,xxx miles

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
belt adjustment

just looked at my penske build sheet, i got my shock with a 1/2" longer stroke + shock body. i asked for a hammer S length advertised at 1" more, the penske guy said 1/2" was the max i could go. maybe the S uses a different link as well. its a fact more shock travel can use softer springs while controlling the ride. i would think i would need to adjust between the 8 ball + the S specs listed in the manual. thanks for the input as its my first VIC + i love IT!!!!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yeah measurement between the S and 8ball would be a good starting point. Just keep an eye on the belt for shavings in the front pulley area (if it's loose) ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts