Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The place i bought my rear doesnt have a front listed, where have any of you bought from on ebay with good luck and prices?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
538 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my rear from a store on ebay last fall, it was about 6 months old by the dot# so very new. Got it in like 3 days too.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
13,003 Posts
guess that smart phone has operator failure and you don't have a app for the Internet.
Yes it makes me mad that guys like you are to lazy to search the net for what you want. We spend our time helping you cause your lazy.
You don't even take the time to say what you want Cobra, Venom or Venom x
There are all kinds of net stores that sell Avon's why don't you look. :mad:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
guess that smart phone has operator failure and you don't have a app for the Internet.
Yes it makes me mad that guys like you are to lazy to search the net for what you want. We spend our time helping you cause your lazy.
Vj -no disrespect to you, you are right about lots of info... but the internet is really like INFO OVERLOAD nowadays and there is so much crap out there to dig through its really overwhelming sometimes. I know because I have been looking for all kinds of bike stuff for months now and it is really frustrating... sometimes, its not laziness. Finding a FORUM like this where the people here have had experiences already is really helpful and what a forum is suppose to be about. Also the commraderie <s> of being all VIC people , there is some expectation to help people out.

Im selling alot of parts and more than willing to give people on here deals where the SMUCK on ebay may be just another profitier looking to buy my parts low and resell them high! ... Im not giving them the same deal, plus fees and charges and taxes... BS!

But in return Im also looking for the same deal from people when Im buying on here. So it works both ways.

Its all good in a place where people respect one another thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha sorry man, not trying to piss off anyone, first off looking for a front cobra for my XC, I guess what im asking is has anyone had good luck with a certain vendor on ebay? Ive heard bad stories of some and dont want to add to that list. I like motorcycletire.com but the rear i got off ebay was like $30 cheaper and got to me faster.

Ptc if you wouldnt mind pming me with a price on your front especially i would like to see what you have.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jake Wilson is who I got the cheapest price from,,, Dennis Kirk (which is a local MN store) matched them and I had the tires from Dennis Kirk overnight. DK has a great website and all you have to do is call customer service and they match prices. Really polite, helpful and easy to understand ladies help you out.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I buy a lot from DK and yes getting stuff next day is nice!

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
That tire I have is a Avon Cobra AV71 130/70R-18 63H rated. dont know if that what you are looking for or not. $75 +shipping

The best NEW price Ive found on it is at Revzilla for $188

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/avon-av71-cobra-front-tires

or ebay $185

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251028276986?lpid=82
Or the first place I mentioned... $159
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/750/-/184901/130-70R-18-(63H)-Avon-Cobra-AV71-Front-Motorcycle-Tire?v=11831?ref=gmc&gclid=CKr3rs_ewL0CFYY7MgodglgASQ&PID=3176224&ref=cj
130/70R-18 (63H) Avon Cobra AV71 Front Motorcycle Tire
Part# 1245130004
Our price: $159.99
Free Shipping

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I looked it up on denniskirk, 159 shipped and i will have it tomorrow. I kept searching there but forgot the R so it kept saying they didnt have the cobra.

·
Registered
504 Posts
SO that is the tire you wanted???

These are great DRY weather tires and are nice and sticky on heated pavement and perfect for running the twisties in any dry conditions.

I would NOT recommend these tire for use (and I dont believe they are all weather rated) on WET ROADS. And be very careful in even in damp conditions because thats what took me out on my XC.

They do not hold on Wet roads in hard turning requirements and mine was at a pretty low speed. Great SUMMER TIRES! thumb up

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
SO that is the tire you wanted???

These are great DRY weather tires and are nice and sticky on heated pavement and perfect for running the twisties in any dry conditions.

I would NOT recommend these tire for use (and I dont believe they are all weather rated) on WET ROADS. And be very careful in even in damp conditions because thats what took me out on my XC.

They do not hold on Wet roads in hard turning requirements and mine was at a pretty low speed. Great SUMMER TIRES! thumb up
My personal experience (and many others via reviews) couldn't disagree more. They are sticky in ALL situations, but at the expense of long tread life. I had them on my HD and was AMAZED how well they stuck to the road regardless of weather. Some roads are hazardous in the rain with any MC tire. Maybe that was your case.
I wasn't happy with the E3s in the wet, so I'm swapping them out at less than 4K miles.

OP, glad you found the tire reasonable

·
Registered
504 Posts
My personal experience (and many others via reviews) couldn't disagree more.
Well my broken ribs and punctured lung will just have to agree to disagree with your personal experience on that one... just trying to give some good advice here, not trying to steal any manufactures' reputation or anything.... ;)

Ive learned my lesson with them and you dont need to tell this ol' boy twice!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry but yes i got one at dk. And for me the e3 would slide around corners in the rain, it would even engage my abs at stops on wet roads. I put the rear avon on and huge difference, it will grip on wet corners and push my front e3.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New avon cobra mounted, like i thought, though not as drastic as the rear, this one measures 1" circumference larger then the dunlop and just over 1/2" diameter taller then the dunlop.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts