Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

I've just had my 2014 Hammer 8-ball's license plate side mounted using an MBW side mount, but now want to replace the rear turn signals as well to expose more of that beautiful 250mm fatty. At the Victory store they had the MBW smoked rear LED turn signal kit, but it costs a whopping AU$405 (Australian dollars). I've seen what appears to be an identical kit on Ebay for just AU$170. Here's a link to both kits, so you can compare:

MBW: http://www.victoryonly.com/product/turn-signal-assembly-red-amber-leds-3/

Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victory-Hammer-LED-Integrated-Turn-Signal-Fender-Brake-Light-Bar-SMOKE-/251929049136?fits=Make:Victory|Model:Hammer&hash=item3aa8243830&vxp=mtr

Does anybody know if the generic Ebay kit is inferior to the MBW? Do they fit any differently? If I can shave $200 off the price for basically the same product, it's a no brainer to buy. Any advice given would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I had the ebay one on my hammer , no complaints , fit perfect and had a tag mount too . Less then half the price of the MBW . I got mine from an outfit in Florida I believe .

·
Registered
477 Posts
Mags, you don't happen to recall the seller do you? Any old pics ox your bike with it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lilmags, any idea yet where you bought those rear turn signals? I'm keen to grab a set. Also, are they easy to install for a total motorcycle mechanics novice like me?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I will look into where I got it and let you know . You will also need , as with any led lights is the MBW LR-10 load equalizer , you can get it at victoryonly.com for 29.95 . It is only 3 wires and super easy to install , as is the rear light , very easy . I will be back in touch .cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Without the load equalizer , your blinkers will flash wicked fast ... If you add front led's in the future you will be all set , you wont have to make any other changes .....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, so for the Aussie Victory store to sell me the front and rear LEDs, plus install, is $1150. Or, I can buy them off eBay for the clone kits and try to mount myself for $400. I think I'll try the latter!

Lil mag, you mentioned that:

"Without the load equalizer , your blinkers will flash wicked fast ... If you add front led's in the future you will be all set , you wont have to make any other changes ....."

So if I buy both front and rear LEDs, does that mean I won't need the load equalizer?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
So if I buy both front and rear LEDs, does that mean I won't need the load equalizer?
No , you need the equalizer either way , it will work with front , rear , or front and rear together .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Gun , I cant answer you fork diameter question , I don't know ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts