Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased EBC brake pads the HH high friction pads for the front and rear for $76.61 shipped.

WitchDoctor Price for front and rear: $114.85

Amazon price for front and rear: $76.61

Total savings over Witchdoctors inflated prices: $38.24

More money for fuel to ride: Priceless!!!

There are much better deals from other companies carrying products for Victory motorcycles, all you have to is look.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Your disdain for WD seems endless ... You sure he didn't steal your wife or something ? :D Really though , how did his price compare to other dealers ? Surely he wasn't the only one you checked before going the Amazon route .

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Personal Vendetta

Wow, you really got it out for Witch Docs! I hate to say it V1 but you standing on this soap box isn't helping anything.
Really. Especially you but you seem to travel to the beat of a different drum my friend and you are definitely fixed in your ways so don't take it personal please, but you should stop now.

By all means post your findings and savings if you must. I'm sure many appreciate it. It's just the obvious stab in the eye to WD that is a turn off. By the way everyone is a higher price than Amazon. How do you expect a small local business to survive with out profit.

A friend owned a shop in my location called World Of Chrome. It was great riding there and seeing and touching all the cool stuff he had on the wall and shelves. Bike nights and Sunday morning coffee and donuts were a weekly thing. He let you buy and install in the parking lot. He had tools and gave install advise. He sold leather goods, Oil and filters, exhaust, all the Chrome stuff you could want.

He had to shut down because people figured out that it was cheaper on line and slowly his business failed.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Wow, you really got it out for Witch Docs! I hate to say it V1 but you standing on this soap box isn't helping anything.
Really. Especially you but you seem to travel to the beat of a different drum my friend and you are definitely fixed in your ways so don't take it personal please, but you should stop now.

By all means post your findings and savings if you must. I'm sure many appreciate it. It's just the obvious stab in the eye to WD that is a turn off. By the way everyone is a higher price than Amazon. How do you expect a small local business to survive with out profit.

A friend owned a shop in my location called World Of Chrome. It was great riding there and seeing and touching all the cool stuff he had on the wall and shelves. Bike nights and Sunday morning coffee and donuts were a weekly thing. He let you buy and install in the parking lot. He had tools and gave install advise. He sold leather goods, Oil and filters, exhaust, all the Chrome stuff you could want.

He had to shut down because people figured out that it was cheaper on line and slowly his business failed.
I don't mind spending a little more at the local places for most things. Tires OTOH are marked up too much, so I do get those online. One thing to consider is that WD like Amazon is an internet warehouse site, thus shouldn't have the overhead or prices of a local bricks and mortar place.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Personally , I would gladly give WD (Jon) my extra 38.00 , and know I will have them in 2 days , and if there is a problem , it will promptly be resolved .... Actually going to place a nice order with him today , rear axle cover and a new primary cover ..... To start !thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
One thing to consider is that WD like Amazon is an internet warehouse site, thus shouldn't have the overhead or prices of a local bricks and mortar place.
Hmmmmm , could have sworn he has a nice storefront for walk in customers , but maybe I'm incorrect on this .... He is a hard worker making most of his own products and such , might have some employees to pay also , Becky , a painter , a powder coater .... personally I like his stuff , and his work , hence I don't mind paying a little bit more . He gives me tootsie rolls and can cozies too !thumb up

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm pretty sure if I asked the Amazon folks for some products to use as prizes at our various gatherings of the Victory club that cannot be named here, they would say no.

Jon, on the other hand, has always sent some nice things and has never failed at supporting the Victory brand and the folks who ride them.

Your signature does not say which bike you ride, so I only hope for your sake that what you actually get are the right ones for your bike. Some vendors advertise pads to fit Vics and they do fit some, but there are subtle differences.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I am another merchant who has had to fold up his tent and go home due to the on line guys. So I consider Victory 1's $38.24 to be Blood Money. V1 may see brake pads, I see 30 pieces of silver.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
While the low price is nice its important to have a reputable company to buy parts from too. I usually look at all the factors before making a purchase.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Your disdain for WD seems endless ... You sure he didn't steal your wife or something ? :D Really though , how did his price compare to other dealers ? Surely he wasn't the only one you checked before going the Amazon route .
I bet he schooled her in the art of the......... well you know. :rolleyes:

Then he gave her back.

I bet the Amazon ones are those really sweet pressed cardboard knock-offs

If it's an oil post he's here every few hours he makes yet another WD slam he's gone for days.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If it's an oil post he's here every few hours he makes yet another WD slam he's gone for days.
Agreed , although strange .... Quite frankly I'm sick of his WD bashing , When 99 people say your a great guy , and one thinks your an ass , I wonder who the real ass may be .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Don't feed the troll...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the cheaper brake pads Vagina1 but again you came off sounding like a dbag. We all appreciate a good deal but at the end of the day your not proving anything by bashing a vendor but your ignorance. It's one thing to pass on a good deal but it's a complete dick move when you name drop a vendor in the process...
You guys need to stop worrying about what Vagina1 is saying, he's looking for your reaction....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the cheaper brake pads Vagina1 but again you came off sounding like a dbag. We all appreciate a good deal but at the end of the day your not proving anything by bashing a vendor but your ignorance. It's one thing to pass on a good deal but it's a complete dick move when you name drop a vendor in the process...
You guys need to stop worrying about what Vagina1 is saying, he's looking for your reaction....
Pulitzer prize for this post !thumb up Let me also add , HA HA Hardy HARR HARR !!! :ltr::ltr::ltr: D , your a Riot !

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Hahaha....funny Lunatic

Maybe Victory1 is actually the opposition in disguise.....

The other thing about WitchDoctors is he actually answers emails, and relatively quickly.....maybe it's because they see I'm in Australia but I cannot tell you the number of times I don't get a response, or worse go through to some dickhead in India or The Philippines.....it drives me nuts!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't you really mean that you get upset when I don't just sit here and argue back and forth with you?

No one has locked you up and is keeping you from buying Witchdoctors over priced stuff.

But that should not stop others who are looking for a good deal on the same parts he sells from coming to a forum and finding other sources for the same parts and saving a considerable amount of money.

You want to send your hard earned dollars to Witchdoctors for his over priced parts that is your choice, no one is stopping you.

For others who are looking for a little bit of value for their dollar they can save what amounts to a complete set of pads by avoiding Witchdoctors over priced brake pads.

Ricz, it is no ones fault except your own if your business was not able to adapt and went under. Blaming me and others for your businesses failure shows you did not have a strong business plan to start with.

I do find it amusing how all of you get so upset when lower prices are found on the same parts Witchdoctors sells and it is pointed out.

I think it also needs to be pointed out to those of you who are bashing me that Witchdoctors is an online vendor just like the vendor that I bought the brake pads from on Amazon. The pads I bought at a far fairer price are coming from South Carolina. Why do you feel it is bad to support the American's working in South Carolina but you feel it is fine to over pay for the same parts from Witchdoctor who I believe is in Ohio.

Hard to believe you bash another vendor because they undercut Witchdoctor in price. I thought you all were for more vendors dealing in parts for Victory's?

The fact is Witchdoctor will have to compete if he wants to survive long term. It is only a matter of time as Victory grows that more and more vendors come on board and the days of raping Victory owners on price will be over.

Witchdoctor does not pay anymore for parts than do these other vendors who are sourcing the same products. If Witchdoctor refuses to compete on price than he will lose sales it is as simple as that.

You know what they say, "a fool and his money are soon parted", Witchdoctor is counting on a lot of fools.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah yes when all else fails just start calling names. Typical Canadian.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bet he schooled her in the art of the......... well you know. :rolleyes:

Then he gave her back.

I bet the Amazon ones are those really sweet pressed cardboard knock-offs

Wow such a tough guy now to bring my wife into this. But than again what else would you expect from someone who uses Randy Travis' picture on an avatar. You must be a very sad little man.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts