Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing my front pads with EBC. I used EBC on m6 Honda and took about 200 miles to break in. Recommendations?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I didn't do anything special. They started working quickly but I do ride in city traffic so maybe that sped things up for me.

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
If you swiped them a few times on sandpaper and cleaned off the dust, then cleaned the discs with brake cleaner or alcohol, you're good to go. Do some hard braking to seat them in and you're golden. Each time I drop new EBC HH pads in, I notice a huge improvement right off.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I am sure others will disagree but I do not like my EBC HH pads and plan on putting another set of OEM's or another brand on this fall. The things are noisy as hell and sound like a swarm of cicadas when you get on the brakes, especially from higher speeds. I've got about 1000 miles on mine so far and the noise has let up a little but not much. More noticeable when the brakes are hot than when cool as well. The OEM's do not stop as well but not bad enough not to go back to them IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I am sure others will disagree but I do not like my EBC HH pads and plan on putting another set of OEM's or another brand on this fall. The things are noisy as hell and sound like a swarm of cicadas when you get on the brakes, especially from higher speeds. I've got about 1000 miles on mine so far and the noise has let up a little but not much. More noticeable when the brakes are hot than when cool as well. The OEM's do not stop as well but not bad enough not to go back to them IMO.
Buy the Lyndalls brake pads, maybe it works for you, it did for me ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
The things are noisy as hell and sound like a swarm of cicadas when you get on the brakes, especially from higher speeds.
I have the same noise with the EBCs. However, mine started with the previous set of pads, a cheap set from D2Moto. I thought it would go away with a 'good' set of pads, but nope.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
I've read that the EBC pads make noise, mine make no sound at all.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well for me.. too much combat gunfire and rock and roll.. kinda killed my hearing anyway.:ltr:

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have always liked EBC pads. so they are a little noisy. i spent most of my time riding.. not stopping hard:ride:

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just looked at the manual.. they say to open the cover of the fluid resvoir when pushing old pad ( pistons) out ? is this a requirement ? I never did this on my honda

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
i just looked at the manual.. they say to open the cover of the fluid resvoir when pushing old pad ( pistons) out ? is this a requirement ? I never did this on my honda
I do that on my motorcycle, car and truck. The fluid needs a place to go and the trapped air doesn't help.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I believe that the reservoirs are vented so you don't have to remove the cap to allow the air to escape. Rather, you remove the cap so that you can monitor the fluid level and remove fluid if necessary if the reservoir gets too full.

·
13,002 Posts
The reason you open the lid is cause if you have add fluid as pads wear down now pushing in piston the fluid has no place to go and piston can't go back in all the way.

TNXR
how can you hear brake pads over motor noise

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The reason you open the lid is cause if you have add fluid as pads wear down now pushing in piston the fluid has no place to go and piston can't go back in all the way.

TNXR
I agree VJ.... since i have not topped off the fluid there should be no reason to do so. I am not sure i really need pads at this point, hard to see in there. Still some pad left. I need to get it up on the lift and look closer ( since with my knees i cant get on the floor anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree VJ.... since i have not topped off the fluid there should be no reason to do so. I am not sure i really need pads at this point, hard to see in there. Still some pad left. I need to get it up on the lift and look closer ( since with my knees i cant get on the floor anymore.

TNXR
Hey VJ... did Stock bikes come with DOT 3 or DOT4 ?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I think my reservoir covers specify DOT4. I’ll have to check when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think my reservoir covers specify DOT4. I’ll have to check when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Brian... i just found it in the service manual.. it mentions DOT4. I never looked at the cover :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
TNXR
I can hear mine when I'm off the throttle, coming to a stop, and my stereo is not loud. With my stereo on I can't hear them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts