Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I've pretty much read most the threads on these two but I want to hear from people that have tried both on their bikes. Which one would you recommend? I only have a single disc upfront so stock pads really suck as do the stock tires(that will probably change soon). Ride 2up about 1/3rd of the time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My EBCs stop GREAT but do dust more than stock (and from what I have read, Lyndall).

I guess it's more important to me to stop faster than not clean my rims more often

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I have no experience with Lyndall, but I can tell you that the EBCs are waaay better than stock.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have the EBC to pads as well and also like them a lot, you do get more noise out of them but they do stop much better than stock. All that said I wouldn't think twice about using Lyndall brakes, usually a bit pricey but are for the most part top of the line pads. I have used them in the past on sport bikes...

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Lyndals are dearer but you get what you pay for.
Excellent brakes with a progressive feel.

·
Registered
180 Posts
First off they are both excellent brakes. Both made in the USA!!
In my experience on sport bikes the Lyndalls had less fade as they heated up so riding aggressively wasn't so much an issue. Track riding is where the Lyndalls shine.
The EBC HH Sintered is what I currently run on all my bikes. Excellent stopping power, much better feel than stock brakes and they are a tiny bit cheaper. Oh yeah did I mention they are made in the USA!!
ImageUploadedByMO Free1428809990.776727.jpg

Either one you choose I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Best brakes

After replacing stock pads on my kingpin with EBC and dealing with the constant ticking sound when braking I switched both out for Lyndal plus pads and signifant improvement. No noise, no dust and brake grab is spot on (not much different from EBC). Bottom line even though they cost more than EBC I prefer Lyndal pads and will use none other.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
What's the part number for the EBC Brake pads?

Front and rear?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts
What's the part number for the EBC Brake pads?

Front and rear?

Thank you.
http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Double-H-Sintered-Brake-FA347HH/dp/B000GRZJRG/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Victory|1207&Model=Cross%20Country|17210&Year=2011|2011&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive&vehicleId=4&vehicleType=motorcycle

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-FA196HH-Sintered-Copper/dp/B006B266FO/ref=pd_sim_263_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1V5V2WMACKCJE8TD1959&dpSrc=sims&dpST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_[/ame]

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-FA347HH-Disc-Brake/dp/B006B25NK8/ref=pd_sim_263_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QRXHC9VK5KV6F3XFCW9&dpSrc=sims&dpST=_AC_UL320_SR254%2C320_[/ame]

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Got it! Thank you very much!

The front ones look small!!

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
My EBCs stop GREAT but do dust more than stock (and from what I have read, Lyndall).

I guess it's more important to me to stop faster than not clean my rims more often
What do you mean ??? EBC keeps my rims more clean then the stock ones, i got so tired of my rims all black dust after 2 days of riding with stock breaks

Now i can ride all day every day without dust on my rims coz of EBC

1 problem; rear locks up more easily, so when your riding twisties hard then take care of the rear, as EBC is MUCH better then stock, and cleaner too

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I have EBC front and rear. Rear is doing its job during emergency slow downs, not too impressed with the front. Might be just a function of the single caliper design.
Took quite a while for the initial crickets to go away too, but they did.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Ok I've pretty much read most the threads on these two but I want to hear from people that have tried both on their bikes. Which one would you recommend? I only have a single disc upfront so stock pads really suck as do the stock tires(that will probably change soon). Ride 2up about 1/3rd of the time.
Hi Shanko what did you decide ? It seems you never replied after your first post ?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I put SBS pads from Scandinavia on front and back after talking to a buddy that is into bike racing. So far they are great! So much better than stock.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the EBC sintered on the front of my Highball. Stops way better than before.. They're noisey. Sounds like a bloody zip line. But they work great.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Well, you asked for experience with both, and I don't have that. I think only skooter (post #8) had such experience, and he prefers Lyndall.

Me, after three years on the stockers, I went with Lyndall Gold all around for my '12 XCT. I did my first track day a few weeks ago, and was exceptionally pleased with the Lyndalls. Even before that, I changed my brake-lever position from 3 to 5.

BTW, I got them from WitchDoctors, and here are their pages for the brake pads for the Cross bikes (for ordering and/or part numbers):

Lyndall - Brake Pads & Accsy's - Cross Bikes, Magnum & Hardball - Victory Motorcycles - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts

EBC - Brake Pads & Accsy's - Cross Bikes, Magnum & Hardball - Victory Motorcycles - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts