Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the ecu can be cloned over to a used ecu from the same model an year. Thxs

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I was wondering if the ecu can be cloned over to a used ecu from the same model an year. Thxs
I have send my ECU to Lloydz to remove the speed limit, ..... Also the Maximus runs on the ECU (but don't quote me on that) so these are the only 2 company's that do ECU work....

Maybe write a email to them?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have send my ECU to Lloydz to remove the speed limit, ..... Also the Maximus runs on the ECU (but don't quote me on that) so these are the only 2 company's that do ECU work....

Maybe write a email to them?

Andre using TaPaTaLk
I know the maximus makes a copy of your ecu before u flash it with a new tune but it gets locked to that ecu so cant use it to copy to new one.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I know the maximus makes a copy of your ecu before u flash it with a new tune but it gets locked to that ecu so cant use it to copy to new one.
There you go, you answered your own question, so you know more about this subject then stated in the original post....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
109 Posts
In the case of a Dynojet PVCX if you are able to read the original tune off the ECU you can reload it onto the new one. BUT, you have to contact Dynojet, provide them with some sort of verification of the purchase of a new ECU (assuming it is already locked to the old one) and there is a process (I understand) of clearing it and locking the PVCX to the new ECU.
Alternatively, you can buy a PVCX, read the old tune BEFORE locking it to the bike, and simply lock it to the new ECU and reload you tune.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Polaris keeps their fingers attached to vin numbers. And each ecu has them. Polaris will only allow you to clone a blank ecu using digital wrench and having an authorization code from them for a specific vin on a ecu. They may also require old ecu to be sent back to them. Again...keeping tabs on all vin numbers on bikes and ecu’s.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Polaris keeps their fingers attached to vin numbers. And each ecu has them. Polaris will only allow you to clone a blank ecu using digital wrench and having an authorization code from them for a specific vin on a ecu. They may also require old ecu to be sent back to them. Again...keeping tabs on all vin numbers on bikes and ecu’s.
Could the dealer blank out a used ecu with didital wrench or would i have to have a brand new one from them and put my stage 1 factory tune on it since i have the card from dealer when i purchased the upgrades. Reason i asking is say in the distant future something happens to the bikes ecu be nice to have a replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Only your local dealership can answer that question. I assume they will not allow 2 ecu’s with identical vin numbers out At the same time.

I would like to see the day when they will allow independent shops to access the Polaris dealers site/ fee based of course. So that we can support owners better now that dealerships are dropping like flies.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only your local dealership can answer that question. I assume they will not allow 2 ecu’s with identical vin numbers out At the same time.

I would like to see the day when they will allow independent shops to access the Polaris dealers site/ fee based of course. So that we can support owners better now that dealerships are dropping like flies.
Thx's will call them tomorrow an post what info i find out.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Probably a 16 year old with a cell phone can hack them.

·
13,002 Posts
Badger56

your making to much of it. The ECU will more than likely out last the bike itself. Before you spend money a dealer flach think about taking that money and buy a fuel tuner. The flash will add 2% to the timing and 2% to the fuel all for around $150 not worth it

·
Registered
426 Posts
Probably a 16 year old with a cell phone can hack them.
All ECU's can be hacked or cloned, it is the cost of the tools and know how to do it. I used to clone ECU's for testing. But I also had some factory SW to do it with. If you can reach the right area within the ECU it can be changed.

I doubt a dealership would do it. But why do you want a clone? If the bike is out of warranty it won't matter unless you wanted to try and sell it later with lower miles. In which case it won't work because the mileage is stored in the Speedo not the ECU.

Which is stupid because it makes it very easy to grab a new or used speedo and flake the actual mileage and it cannot be read from the ECU to prove the actual mileage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts