Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to get a 2014 black & white Highball with mag wheels to keep my CCT company. My CCT only has 60K on it so it's a long way from needing anything or going anywhere. But I would like to add a steel frame into the mix and the one I love most is the 2014 black & white with the mag wheels. From everything I can gather, 2014 is the only year where the B&W Highball came with mags. Though every picture I see of the black with red flames 2014 has spoke wheels. Apparently just a few people liked the mags because Polaris seems to have only made a few of them for a single year. Therefore finding one is a bit of a task. Unless I'd pay well over market pricing. Thankfully I'm not in a hurry and I'm a very patient man. As I understand it, the Highball, aside from the paint, wheels/tires and handlebar is otherwise a Vegas 8 Ball. Is that right?

Any insight you can offer on the HIghball will be read and taken to heart.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Mark can you post a picture of that HB you are looking for ? Yes i agree that steelframes handles exceptional good, and a fun bike to have, no bags no extra weight of fairings etc ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Don Wood website

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
As I understand it, the Highball, aside from the paint, wheels/tires and handlebar is otherwise a Vegas 8 Ball. Is that right?
The Vegas 8-Ball has a 180mm rear tire on an 18" x 5.5" rim, where the Highball has a 140mm rear tire on a 16" x 3.5" rim.
The Vegas has a 21" front wheel and a different front fender as well.
The diminutive front fender on bikes like the Highball and the Hammer will allow the front tire to throw things at the engine and oil cooler. Water when it rains, any mud you ride thru, or road debris when it's dry.

So different paint, wheels/tires, front fender, and handlebars from the Vegas 8-Ball.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Pretty sure the Highball bikes with those wheels got what was left over from the Judge wheels... If you can not find one you like you can always get a black & white Highball and add the wheels from a Gunner or go custom like stated before.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! I forgot about the Judge or even the Gunner wheels being an option.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So here's the deal. Instead of having the 116" kit installed onto my CCT, I can get about 3/4 of the way to a second Victory (Highball) for about the same money. I love the Highball and it's quite different from my CCT. By the way, the CCT isn't going anywhere. My wife and I absolutely love it. I had thought about adding a 2016 black & red Moto Guzzi Eldorado as a solo bike. But, after having a lot of them over the years my wife is in no way wanting another one. I mean, no way, no way and no way. Even though we've only been married 32 years we want to go another 32 and then more after that. So, no Moto Guzzi for me of any model or year.

My The Vic Shop dyno tune was over 50K miles ago. The CCT runs stronger and better than ever. But last year or so I changed out the Tri Ovals to Raging Cajun Medium Low & Throaty. Plus I installed the Bad Ace Billet tank lifts. Therefore, in a couple weeks I'll be at the Charlotte NC Polaris Indian dealer for Josh to verify and/or adjust the fuel map. That's the dealership Lloyd has a partnership in.

For now I'm putting some money away for when the right Highball comes along at the right time with the right deal. For me, it has to be a black & white one. I much prefer the mag wheels on mine as well. For now I'll likely be on the lookout for a set of the 2014 Highball/Judge mag wheels as finding a 2014 right bike, right time right deal is asking a bit much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts