Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lowered the windshield and parked it in the garage. Next day it won't raise. No clicky noises like from a relay. fuse was still good. Removed front bolt from motor bracket and still nothin'. Swivel hinges swing free. The motor appears to be epoxy encased. Not sure how to check to see if it's getting power to it. All other electrics work.
:confused:
I'll look into the switch housing next but waited cuz I wasn't sure how much dangling hardware there'd be or what access to switch terminals I'd have.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone has a pdf of page 542 of the downloaded service manual I found on Bbob's listing for 2010 Vision....
Am I correct that if the light green wire coming from the rocker switch is grounded then the circuit is completed to the motor for the windshield to go up?
My switch is okay, so I might assume that the ground is not being completed to the motor. That is if there is a connector with a bad connection,,,, or I have a bad motor.
Does anyone know if the motor has built in limit switches. Perhaps the up limit is stuck, if that is even possible.
I'm guessing that no one has had an issue with their windshield motor before?

·
13,003 Posts
there is a motor on ebay. If the motor looks like it can come a part.
automotive electric shop might be able to rebuild it. Look like a car window motor
go on the net and see if there is a way to test car window motors

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you Bbob

Thanx to Bbob for posting service manual which helped me get this fixed. Found a broken wire and repaired.
Took the time while I had the motor out to grease the drive screw and a few other moving parts. Works smoother now too.
Root cause was poor routing of cables around steering stem which pulled on a connector. No fault of Victory assembly since I bought this used and it had new handlebars, clear l.e.d. front turn signals, and aftermarket speakers.
Fortunately, the only thing it affected was the windshield motor and not lighting or ignition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts