Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be glued to the TV/computer. It's going to be close in the House an interesting election.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I voted! :)

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
I think I'll do the hard thing and kind of ignore all the hype and wait until tonight or tomorrow to see how things turn out.

I've been ignoring all the polls saying blue wave and red wave. This one is just too hard to predict. The so-called experts don't know anything more than we do.

Should be interesting how it all turns out. If the left takes back the House; the next two years will be a nightmare politically and in the news. Might as well turn off the news for the next two years because all it will be is Impeach, Impeach, Impeach, Investigate, Investigate, Investigate, etc, etc, etc.

Meanwhile Trump will ignore all the noise while continuing to make America more prosperous and secure despite the obstructionist leftists trying to turn it into a hellhole with open borders, higher taxes, and increasing crime in all neighborhoods. I honestly don't understand how anyone can vote for that.

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
I also voted.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I voted the first week of early voting. In Texas senate race Ted Cruz and Beto O'Rourke. Cruz will win as always the press tries to make it look different. If Trump had not ran for President I would have voted for Cruz. I think he would be a good President. I think this election will be another 2016 for Republicans.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
I too voted early and only one time unlike some on the left who vote years after they die.

Two weeks ago last Friday. I was confident my vote was not going to change and it didn't.

Lots of nail biters in this election. I bet a lot of stomach ulcers are made today.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I believe we are at a crossroads with our country. Never to return to a civilized nation. When one party chants "RESIST" and protests violently for not winning an election attacking the other party I realize we have returned to the time in the 1860's when our President was assassinated over political difference. After the explosion of violence in the 2016 general election I said goodbye to our civil "we are all Americans" country and realized this new "resist" movement is here to stay; forever.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
I'm sad to say you're correct BD.

Many are comparing this divide to the divide in the 60's but I don't see it that way. This is very different. I don't see a reconciliation in our future. Just more and more division until something explodes or implodes. Then we end up with something entirely different.

The left has made it perfectly clear they will not go back to having pride in one America. It's their way or the highway as far as they're concerned. Fifty plus years of communist teachers in our K-college schools has made this happen along with the commie Hollyweird and commie MSM and their minions on cable TV.

I think the country, not the two leftist coasts, will use that very same thought against the left at some point. America; love it or leave it. There's no room for the America haters in America. There are 194 or so other countries they can go to in order to live like they want to under communist rule or a dictator if they choose it. Making America into Venezuela, Cuba, or any other communist nation is not an option.

·
12,970 Posts
I went to the polls this morning. Not bad maybe a 15 min in line waiting. Was out of there in another 15 min. I did read on the net how some places had longer waits and some had machines that didn't work cause of the high humidity was funny that these place would have problem all of a sudden. Up here they said they had over 5 thousand ealy volters. Like how all the candidates were telling lies about the other and then the counter attack. I was getting tired of all the political ads and thought most were a pack of lies. Had one lady running for congress and she talked like she been in congress for years but she's never been there. Tomorrow will be interesting for sure.
Its a shame I have a hand full of friends who will not vote but then I tell them if you don't vote you can't complain what the government does.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
533 Posts
Have not missed voting since my first opportunity. Today was no different.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Looks like two years of Nasty Piglosi and her evil minions creating a national nightmare for no good reason at all. Damn shame there are so many clueless people in America saying gimmedat free stuff.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hard to believe 30 states voted for Trump and we couldn’t hold the house? If stupid voters didn’t think we had gridlocked before ....

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like two years of Nasty Piglosi and her evil minions creating a national nightmare for no good reason at all. Damn shame there are so many clueless people in America saying gimmedat free stuff.
At least we held the Senate and can get conservative judges appointed. That will help us for many years into the future.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
At least we held the Senate and can get conservative judges appointed. That will help us for many years into the future.
True! Good things will continue to happen but some things like the wall and middle class tax cuts may not. Well; I can guarantee the tax cuts won't happen now. The stupid people made sure of that.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
True! Good things will continue to happen but some things like the wall and middle class tax cuts may not. Well; I can guarantee the tax cuts won't happen now. The stupid people made sure of that.
We will have to wait and see. Many of the newly elected congressmen are Veterans on both sides of the aisle. I think they will be more loyal to each other and work together. I THINK they will...…………………...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts