Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
One other thing, by the Republicans holding the Senate. If the Democrat held House starts a bunch of frivolous investigations. The Senate can do the same to the Dems. So it does help the check and balance in government. Plus President Trump can fire Jeff Sessions now and get a real leader of the DOJ.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I was disappointed until I realized we picked up a bunch of seats in the Senate, a much more powerful branch of government. Every Senator that voted against Kavanaugh lost. Every single one of them. Every Senator that Obama went to rallies and campaigned for lost. Every single one of them. Manchin was smart and voted for Kavanaugh and kept his seat. The house cannot do anything without Senate approval. Their one and only power is the power to declare war. Period. That's not much. The Senate holds the ultimate power in approving Federal and Supreme court justices. Let's give Nancy 2 years to ruin the rest of the democrats chances in 2020.

·
Premium Member
13,615 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
...Every Senator that voted against Kavanaugh lost. Every single one of them...
I realize facts in this forum don't seem to matter to either side. However; the fact is that at least one, Bob Casey, was reelected. I'm guessing there were others as well.

·
Premium Member
13,615 Posts
I realize facts in this forum don't seem to matter to either side. However; the fact is that at least one, Bob Casey, was reelected. I'm guessing there were others as well.
Good catch. It is being reported that all the dem senators who were up for re-election who voted against Kavanaugh lost.

Poor reporting I'd say. I think the way it should have been framed is all dem senators up for re-election in red states who voted against Kavanaugh lost. Said this way it is true (I think). I believe they are using Manchin as an example because he voted yes and was re-elected. W. VA is a red state.

·
Premium Member
13,615 Posts
An interesting take on "diversity" which I happen to agree with. Commonality, not diversity, is our strength as a nation. Diversity weakens us creating even more divisions. JMHO, YMMV, FWIW.

Tucker Carlson: ‘It Is Never True That Diversity Is Your Strength’
Quoting myself on this one. A bunch of communist Antifa thugs are or were at Tucker Carlson's house protesting. Apparently having a different opinion is grounds for a protest or riot according the radicalized leftist commies nowadays. Carlson has a wife and 4 kids.

One day this kind of thing will get bloody even though the leftists are severely mentally impaired. It doesn't stop them from being dangerous and hurting women, kids, and ganging up on men. It's who they are. It's what they do. Rabid dogs need to be dealt with at some point.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
From your perspective is the country a better place to live than it was before the election took place yesterday?
Like to hear how this election changed your life.

·
Premium Member
13,615 Posts
From your perspective is the country a better place to live than it was before the election took place yesterday?
Like to hear how this election changed your life.
Oh c'mon Joe. What a loaded set up question.

Did you really think someone would fall for that?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Oh c'mon Joe. What a loaded set up question.

Did you really think someone would fall for that?
Me???
I'm at least half serious here.
I received a lot of mailers, sat through the beginning of countless ads all promising that there would be big changes for the better starting Nov 7th. Now it is Nov 8th and Nada. I'm disappointed.
WA got another gun control law. One that creates another group of criminals with it's passage. I'd hardly call creating more criminals out of law abiding citizens big changes for the better? So I still am waiting breathlessly for the better part, that was promised in pre election propaganda.

Maybe someone out there has a better story. Make me feel better. I'm all ears...

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Midterm election results are what they are. Really the Republicans came out OK not as good as I would have liked, but good. Keeping the Senate and adding seats doesn't happen often. So I'm happy as heck we got that. The best news is that midterm elections are over, President Trump fired Sessions. So it's time to get on with life and get out and ride if you can, pretty crappy here today. Predicting snow and 20 degree weather here next week. But Sunday is going to be OK, Veteran's Day. I will be honoring the day in the Cantina with food, booze and fellow Vets.

·
Premium Member
13,615 Posts
NAB; the more I think about it the more I'm inclined to think a win for the dems was a needed thing in many ways.

The left has been on a losing streak for 6 years with the exception of odunga getting re-elected but no House or Senate to back him up; he had to go it alone with Executive Orders which were easily reversed by the next Prez.

The radicalized left (Antifa, media, Hollyweird, and many school teachers) were quite literally at a melting point (get the snowflake reference?). I think they were prepared to go Postal. Now I don't believe in placating losers. If it had gone the other way and they did go Postal; the streets would have blood on them by now. Theirs mostly. Still; it's not a bad thing for them to feel a win even if it is a Pyrrhic victory.

Another aspect to this is now many RINO's are history and President Trump (and us) have a clear opponent in the House (the dem majority and their speaker). Trump also has someone with whom he can negotiate with or go to war with depending on what the dems do. If all they want to do is impeach and investigate endless nonsense then they can look forward to many of them being indicted and going to prison for their crimes against America and its people.

On the left that pit of swamp dwellers is nearly endless. Most leftist pols have no problem with breaking our laws because they believe they will never have to be held accountable. That could change in an instant if they play the impeach/investigate game.

The $17M paid out to those who claimed sexual assault against congressmen could be made public; including the names of those who did the assaulting. The FISA docs could be made public incriminating many deep state swamp dwellers which are the left's secret weapon.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeah, Bob it may make things better. Only time will tell and hopefully the militant left will back off and things can get more peaceful.

·
Premium Member
13,615 Posts
Me???
I'm at least half serious here.
I received a lot of mailers, sat through the beginning of countless ads all promising that there would be big changes for the better starting Nov 7th. Now it is Nov 8th and Nada. I'm disappointed.
WA got another gun control law. One that creates another group of criminals with it's passage. I'd hardly call creating more criminals out of law abiding citizens big changes for the better? So I still am waiting breathlessly for the better part, that was promised in pre election propaganda.

Maybe someone out there has a better story. Make me feel better. I'm all ears...
I didn't forget you Joe; I was mulling over your comments.

I've been thinking about which states the leftists will be forced to live in should they choose to stay in a free America rather than the totalitarian or communist country they would prefer. I'm thinking Washington state would be one. Most of the Northeast states would be others. None in the South. Illinois has a lot of good conservatives but Chicago ruins it for them with their population so it may have to be sacrificed. Perhaps Canada would welcome 10 million or so.

Of course this all assumes we reach critical mass and a shooting civil war ensues with lots of losses on both sides. There's a saying about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants and patriots occasionally.

Sorry, I don't have a better story to tell, but we are still waiting to see if McSally, a moderate pubbie, or Enema, a communist radical, is going to be our new senator in AZ. I can say it will be a relief to not have McStain and Flake (so aptly named) representing us. Flake is like a bad case of lip herpes. Just when you think it has cleared up it rears its ugly head again. McCain was even worse. Of course Enema would be worse than both put together.

·
Registered
610 Posts
...I think the way it should have been framed is all dem senators up for re-election in red states who voted against Kavanaugh lost. Said this way it is true (I think)...
This would be a misstatement as well. John Tester was re-elected in Montana.

Facts are a funny thing, they refuse to go away.

·
Premium Member
13,615 Posts
This would be a misstatement as well. John Tester was re-elected in Montana.

Facts are a funny thing, they refuse to go away.
Is Montana red. Hmm... debatable and it depends on how one looks at it. Did Montana vote republican in the Presidential election? Yes but if one looks at the senate and rep level along with the demographic of votes one sees it's actually purple. Sad but true. The brain washing happening in schools coupled with the misguided suburban moms has turned Montana purple. Same thing is happening in Arizona.

The problem is usually the same. Highly populated areas become nests of festering leftism feeding on itself until the decay reaches a majority level extinction event.

Some states have simply been Californicated like NV and CO. AZ gets influx from leftist Hispanic countries, California, and lots of Northern states; many being leftist so I guess we could call it Californication here too.

By Ueutyi derived from Thegreyanomaly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_states

·
13,177 Posts
I was shocked how many Dems won. Then I looked to see who they beat out here and it was people that have held there jobs for 8 years or more. Like you and others I think they have stole enough from us and its time for a new thief.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We had 40 something republican Congressmen retire this year and we lost a lot of them to the Democrats. Why they retired who knows. Some of them where swamp dwellers and afraid of what my come out about them. Most had probably had it with the crap. If they had not retired things may have gone deferent. But we do have a number of new people in congress and we needed that in some ways. Most of the communist way left Democrats lost. The bottom line is we need people on both sides of the isle that wont to help America. The Democrats always accuse the Republicans of working for the rich. Look at all the rich people that flood money to the Democratic party in every election. Now who is working for the rich? It's pretty evident that it is the Democrats they are the Elites and look at us as peasants. They want us totally dependent on them so they can control and exploit us the people.

·
Premium Member
13,615 Posts
A bunch of attorneys have converged on Florida to try to have the election overturned.
It's the leftist way. Every time the people vote against their wishes they run to the courts to get their way. Prop 187 in California is a perfect example. The radicalized leftist didn't like it so they used the CA court system to overturn it. Illegal immigration has been a problem in America for 70 years and still the dems prevent anything from being done to correct it.

California Proposition 187 (also known as the Save Our State (SOS) initiative) was a 1994 ballot initiative to establish a state-run citizenship screening system and prohibit illegal immigrants from using non-emergency health care, public education, and other services in the State of California. Voters passed the proposed law at a referendum on November 8, 1994. The law was challenged in a legal suit and found unconstitutional by a federal district court. In 1999, Governor Gray Davis halted state appeals of this ruling.

For now I'm going to hope the powers that be prevent this theft by the dems. The loathing I have for the dems seems to grow exponentially by the day.

·
Registered
754 Posts
It's the leftist way. Every time the people vote against their wishes they run to the courts to get their way. Prop 187 in California is a perfect example. The radicalized leftist didn't like it so they used the CA court system to overturn it. Illegal immigration has been a problem in America for 70 years and still the dems prevent anything from being done to correct it.

California Proposition 187 (also known as the Save Our State (SOS) initiative) was a 1994 ballot initiative to establish a state-run citizenship screening system and prohibit illegal immigrants from using non-emergency health care, public education, and other services in the State of California. Voters passed the proposed law at a referendum on November 8, 1994. The law was challenged in a legal suit and found unconstitutional by a federal district court. In 1999, Governor Gray Davis halted state appeals of this ruling.

For now I'm going to hope the powers that be prevent this theft by the dems. The loathing I have for the dems seems to grow exponentially by the day.
It must suck to have to support the democratic ANTIFA movement. If that's your party you're a fool and a supporter of what Hitler was trying to achieve and almost did.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts