Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's starting to get a bit chilly here in the NorthEast. Was about 45 when I woke up. Wired up my electric gloves last night and it really makes cool weather riding enjoyable without your fingers going numb or that annoying pins-and-needles sensation.

Since I have an aftermarket seat, I used the heated seat plug. I cut off the adapter and soldered in the glove controller. The plug for the gloves comes out above the right side panel. The cord goes from there, up my jacket back and down both sleeves. Quite comfortable (last year, I ran the cable down the handlebars, and what a pain to plug the gloves in)!

·
Registered
659 Posts
45 degrees? That's not even cold for......... FLORIDA!!!!

Heated grips and decent gloves keep me toasty down into the 30's.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely good sleeping weather. But not so good on my hands. I must be getting less tolerant.

That said, I only had them at about 20%. I do know they are good for quite a bit colder. I’ll typically ride to about 35 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
12,970 Posts
I did a search on craigslist and there were 4 pairs of heated gloves for sale. One even had the dial control

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I’ve been using heated gloves for a lot of years, and have ridden down to 12 degrees. Snow is rare here, so I really only have the temperature to consider, Almost 7 years ago, I also got a heated jacket liner. That was after a 12-hour ride, mostly below freezing. Riding in 30s and 20s is quite comfortable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts