Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Are you interested in a electric motorcycle?

• Yes

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Nope. (filler for 10-char minimum)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not really buy I am interested in business and what trends will be. Will electric motorcycles become viable in the future? I don't know but Polaris does have a vested interest in the Empuse tt and I do think it was a smart move to get into the game early on and continue the research and development of these bikes.

·
Registered
352 Posts
No thanks

Peter

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Buy one NOPE
Borrow one HELL YEAH

·
Registered
632 Posts
Need a box to vote for ''Maybe''
...Range Anxiety is a big problem, If you run out of electric on the road, You can't ask someone to run down to the next electric station and come back with a gallon of electric...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Interested yes would I buy one right now if I had the funds no. The tech is improving and in the next few years that might change my mind. If the bunny huggers get their way we might all by running low on gas and have to resort to an electric alternative.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
I could be interested in an electric bike that has the ergonomics of a cruiser; low seat and feet forward. It would be a great urban commuter and errand bike. I live very near some stores that I frequent and don't like starting a cold engine to go just a few blocks. An electric would be perfect for that, but all that are available today have sport bike ergos that I can not abide.

·
Premium Member
8,966 Posts
Already got a toaster and a blender and a microwave so dont really need another electrical appliance.

·
Premium Member
8,966 Posts
A guzzoline powered toaster sounds hot!

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Yes in 3 to 5 years I could see myself commuting on an e bike, once battery tech is a little better and provided they last at least say 250 miles and are not more than say US$7k.

But it would be a commuting bike, not my pleasure bike. Traffic in Sydney is choking, and I can see these things being a better alternative to scooters, which are starting to take off.

I remember seeing a Tesla concept e bike- that could be way cool if it ever takes off.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I'm very interested in watching the progress and development of them. I don't currently have any interest in getting one but would sure like to ride one. I doubt anyone over 30 will be forced to ride an electric bike one day. By forced I mean gas stations might be phased out to turn into e-stations.

It'll be a sad day indeed when gas motors are phased out. I think diesel will be around much longer though unless some kind of mini cold fusion device is invented. The trucks, ships, and trains must roll.

·
13,242 Posts
It would be a great commuter bike. To work and home. Fast has lots of power. I have done it several times now. Shut the motor off and coast kind of nice no noise just the air and tires humming.
For anyone under 25 get use to it cause it will be your future, Gasoline powered anything is on its way out it's just a matter of time.
In downtown Minneapolis there is already over a 100 charging station for the electric cars. Matter of fact if you have money start a charging station systems company. Banks bars restaurants are all going to need to say nothing about the work places.
Maybe another investment will be under water wave generators. They will work just like the big wind turbine generators but will provide more electrical power for us cause the water never stops moving

2 cents worth

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Maybe another investment will be under water wave generators. They will work just like the big wind turbine generators but will provide more electrical power for us cause the water never stops moving
Have you ever seen the ocean go flat for days? I guess you haven't, living in MN.:frown

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Electric motorbikes are a symptom of this bullshit climate change non-sense. I have no use for either :|

Reactions: LILMAGS500

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Great idea Johnny. People will want to "top off" their batteries wherever they stop for a while. I can envision a device like an ATM machine where you stop at a row of power chords on a retractable pulley, plug in your car or bike, go to the ATM type machine with your credit card and just let it do it's thing. Once charged or you stop it; the machine calculates how much juice you used and charges your card. There will be fast charging stations at what are now gas stations where the charge takes 5 minutes or so but the restaurants and bars, etc. can have slow charging stations since there will be more time. Heck; the charging chords may be able to read the bike and charge your card automagically without any intervention on your part other than maybe a PIN.

I'm hoping gas stations and gas powered vehicles will be around a long time though and they should. We aren't running out of gas; we just have high pollution areas in cities to contend with. Still, as mentioned, we have a ton of free energy coming from the sun everyday. It only makes sense for us to take advantage of it and other cleaner forms of energy we can also use in space as we migrate to other planets. I guess there's now a race to build a station on the moon. I'm surprised it has taken this long.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts