Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took apart the front of the bike to have some things powdercoated on Friday. I took the headlight and speedo apart. After receiving the parts back I started to put the bike back together. I made sure all wires were connected properly but when done I get nothing.

I dont here the fuel pump and no ignition lights. I did add a new battery but it did this with the old one first.

I am at a complete loss. I really don't want to take it in to the dealer. Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Except for one 15 amp fuse. I am so embarrased. :rolleyes:
Don't feel bad. It is human nature to only check fuses that are directly labeled for a problem area. You would be amazed how many times I have this conversation....
Me; "Did you check the fuse's?"
Them; "yes"
Me; "All the fuse's?"
Them; "Of course!"
Then a couple days later they come back and say
"Hey man I got it fixed. Why didn't you tell me the fuse marked GAUGE would make my bike not start?"

Me;"I just figured the word ALL should have covered it"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Me;"I just figured the word ALL should have covered it"
Haha You would think but it is so easy to overlook one or what is most common is looking for a serious problem that is not there.

Bin there and done that. Tore apart a headlight assembly looking for a electrical problem to find a bad ground. HAHA

Brad

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yep ....and to add to Kev's story...YOU would be amazed at what people will wire accessories to!!! I have had a stereo wired onto an air bag!!!...could not believe it did not go off...lucky for him his wiring job was bad and he had not got a connection with his scotch clip!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took the bike to the dealer today. They hooked it to the computer. The programming was way off. The mapped it for the pipes and filter and away I rode! thumb up

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a similar problem...a 15 amp fuse blew the other day and now my blinker's no longer work. I am not sure what caused it but if it happens again I'll run some tests. Where'd you pick up the 15amp replacement fuse?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a similar problem...a 15 amp fuse blew the other day and now my blinker's no longer work. I am not sure what caused it but if it happens again I'll run some tests. Where'd you pick up the 15amp replacement fuse?
Local Auto parts store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.