Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I posted in the introduction section the other day and got some feedback, but thought i'd try this thread to see if anyone had another idea for me.

I have a 2001 V92C, that i purchased new in Jan '02. Have ridden it sporadically over the years as the OD reads just over 8k. That is certainly low as i rode it a couple years with the bad speed sensor, so it wouldn't surprise me to be around 10-11k. I've never had an issue with this bike before. I change the oil regularly and drain the gas before i put it away for the year.

This year is the first i've experienced an issue. Pulled it out from the garage, installed the battery (Optima gel cell), added some gas, turned the key and the fuel pump kicks on to prime, but instead of shutting off after a few seconds, it just keeps priming. I hit the start button and nothing. Then i realize the headlight isn't on, blinkers don't work, no lights lit on the cluster, but the horn works. I shut it off so i don't burn up the fuel pump, and checked the fuses and all looked good.

Anyone have a clue as to where I should start? I'm halfway decent at wrenching, but electrical is my kryptonite. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got the same problem

Mine sat close to two years after a major collision that all but totaled it. The battery is hot, pump primes up but starter button does nothing. The lights were all and I mean all of them smashed, the headlght especially. So where there should be lights, there are wires. Maybe they are needed to complete the circuit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I posted in the introduction section the other day and got some feedback, but thought i'd try this thread to see if anyone had another idea for me.

I have a 2001 V92C, that i purchased new in Jan '02. Have ridden it sporadically over the years as the OD reads just over 8k. That is certainly low as i rode it a couple years with the bad speed sensor, so it wouldn't surprise me to be around 10-11k. I've never had an issue with this bike before. I change the oil regularly and drain the gas before i put it away for the year.

This year is the first i've experienced an issue. Pulled it out from the garage, installed the battery (Optima gel cell), added some gas, turned the key and the fuel pump kicks on to prime, but instead of shutting off after a few seconds, it just keeps priming. I hit the start button and nothing. Then i realize the headlight isn't on, blinkers don't work, no lights lit on the cluster, but the horn works. I shut it off so i don't burn up the fuel pump, and checked the fuses and all looked good.

Anyone have a clue as to where I should start? I'm halfway decent at wrenching, but electrical is my kryptonite. Any help would be appreciated.
According to The Vic Shop tutorial video those symptoms correspond to having the ECU Chip installed upside down. Have you touched that at all ?

·
Premium Member
13,787 Posts
According to The Vic Shop tutorial video those symptoms correspond to having the ECU Chip installed upside down. Have you touched that at all ?
The thread starters post is 1.5 years old so I'm guessing he got the issue resolved since then. It is good when folks come back with their solution even if not found here though. Thanks for the idea for the next person who might have this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts