Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was in a parade of bikes going to see the Vietnam memorial traveling wall, which required use of hazzards, when I noticed my spedo was stuck at 40 and rpm's at 2000. They had probably been on for 20-30 min before quitting. I checked my fuses and behold the 15 amp fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse but everytime I turn the ignition on the fuse blows. Need help and advice about where to start. Thanks Johnny

·
Registered
784 Posts
I hope your problem is easier than mine was. Only syptom that is familliar is the blowing fuses. Start under the seat. Check wires and make sure the seat hasn't crushed any.
I also hope you have a better experience than I did trying to get anything fixed.

Best wishes

·
Registered
361 Posts
First check all your bulbs & make sure they're good. 2nd-could be your flasher relay went bad-I see new used ones going for $25 and new they're $80- sucks but that's where we're at with the old Vics-do like i do & buy 2-one for now & one for later.
Part #2410101

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks y'all....I will def start with the bulbs and relay. Bad enough my drive lights dont work and i just paid 58 for the new swith, and harness :mad:.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Thanks y'all....I will def start with the bulbs and relay. Bad enough my drive lights dont work and i just paid 58 for the new swith, and harness :mad:.
Well if you know which fuse is blowing, then you know which circuit is bad. Get the manual and find out what that circuit powers, then check that line(s) and that load(s).

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
PM me what you have on your drive lights. Its a pretty simple wiring run for it not to work. BTW, I removed that pesky switch and just soldered it it and heatshrunk... They will always be on!

The wiring diargram on the PDF that I have for our bike SUX to say the least but I would start with pulling both front turn signal bulb sockets L & R and check to see if you have something that grounded in either of them. If nothing there, the wiring for the front turn signals all meets behind your headlamp and if one of those spot ties came loose (Curious since you just had the wiring harness for the riding lights swapped mabye something pinched/chaffed?) maybe something up in there.

I only see 2 15amp fuses with 1 that controls TS and such so if this doesnt yeild anythign, time to get ready to pull the tank for a chaffing wire inspection!

Tim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First check all your bulbs & make sure they're good. 2nd-could be your flasher relay went bad-I see new used ones going for $25 and new they're $80- sucks but that's where we're at with the old Vics-do like i do & buy 2-one for now & one for later.
Part #2410101
So where might I find these cheaper relays?

·
Registered
34 Posts
dead battery

my 01 vic .
the battery has a slow drain while static what is a simple way to see if I am correct,
regards,
the commander

·
13,043 Posts
my 01 vic .
the battery has a slow drain while static what is a simple way to see if I am correct,
regards,
the commander
go around with a test prob and see where you get power when bike is shut off. Or if you have add something electrical to the bike un hook it and see if you main tain power

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
So I was in a parade of bikes going to see the Vietnam memorial traveling wall, which required use of hazzards, when I noticed my spedo was stuck at 40 and rpm's at 2000. They had probably been on for 20-30 min before quitting. I checked my fuses and behold the 15 amp fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse but everytime I turn the ignition on the fuse blows. Need help and advice about where to start. Thanks Johnny
Possibly a speed sensor issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Howdy, and sorry for such a late reply. Took the switch out that turned the drive lights on and off. Removed it would click on and off, but when installed was tight with no click. However when reinstalled the driver lights worked.

As for the other problem removing bulbs, and at one point a blinker was knocked, and the problem seemed fixed. On a test ride my buddy turned on the hazards and BOOM blew a fuse. I have not turned on hazards since, and no probs since.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts