21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Expensive tiny part.
Dealer should be able to order it.
Or weld it.

No other options to get it safe to ride.

Let us know how it works out.

Yes that little aluminum part that is prone to breaking should not cost as much as it does. BS!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Plan C would be to rent a U-Haul truck and trailer to get your bike home.

My Harley broke down in Santa Barbara one time and the local Harley shop let me park it there while I took a bus home to San Diego to pick up my El Camino to come and haul the bike home. Needless to say; that vacation sucked big ones. Running a primary belt drive is not a good idea is what I learned.
OUCH!!!

I know about the extremely involved work it takes to change a Harley belt.

·
Premium Member
13,051 Posts
Yes that little aluminum part that is prone to breaking should not cost as much as it does. BS!!!
It's a cast part so it's really overpriced but what can we do? I could see if it was machined from a block but not cast.

Wow! 153k on this Victory! Good for you and the bike!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It's a cast part so it's really overpriced but what can we do? I could see if it was machined from a block but not cast.

Wow! 153k on this Victory! Good for you and the bike!

Yeah thanks. This Vic has treated me well and is very easy to work on in the garage.

I am still on the original starter
I changed the stator and rectifier at 152k miles
I changed the belt at 123k miles (the original belt still looked good)
I've changed the fuel filter a few times. I forgot the last time I did it

I am going to ride it until the wheels falls off........................then buy some more wheels and keep riding haha

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
I made it home around 8pm yesterday. A simple 5 cent screw allowed me to travel over 500 miles to get home

FYI, I have over 153k miles on the bike and thats the original shift lever. I have been using a heel shift since mile 1

I ordered the new part from WitchDoctors this morning.
Awsome fix, good stuff

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
That's very ingenious of you. I'm glad it worked and got you home OK.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That's very ingenious of you. I'm glad it worked and got you home OK.
Thx. There was a whole lot of soft shifting while lane splitting. I didn't want the screw to work itself out or I create another problem that couldn't be resolved.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Thx. There was a whole lot of soft shifting while lane splitting. I didn't want the screw to work itself out or I create another problem that couldn't be resolved.
That's a different twist; Lose a screw and you are screwed! :devil

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
HAHAHAHAHA

Literally

·
Registered
123 Posts
I made it home around 8pm yesterday. A simple 5 cent screw allowed me to travel over 500 miles to get home

FYI, I have over 153k miles on the bike and thats the original shift lever. I have been using a heel shift since mile 1

I ordered the new part from WitchDoctors this morning.
Nice bit of creative thinking with that fine example of bush mechanics!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm in San diego and there's an Indian dealer a mile from me on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. They service Victory's.
I'll keep that in mind the next time I am in SD.

Are they open on Sundays?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts