Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost the keys to my bike, I need to leave for my brother's wedding in about 2 hours, dealer says they need numbers off cylinder ignition? How do I find that? Need to be removed? I cant get the seat off..

Any help appreciated!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Lost the keys to my bike, I need to leave for my brother's wedding in about 2 hours, dealer says they need numbers off cylinder ignition? How do I find that? Need to be removed? I cant get the seat off..

Any help appreciated!
Remove the ignition cylinder - it's the cylindrical part where you insert the key. Should be held in place by one screw. Once removed, look for the numbers.

If you run out of time, the other option is to hot wire it. If you need help on how to do that, PM me. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I may have to hotwire it lol

** Edit, just looked between the cylinders of the motor and saw **** on the back of the cylinder, does that sound correct maybe?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thanks, I may have to hotwire it lol

** Edit, just looked between the cylinders of the motor and saw **** on the back of the cylinder, does that sound correct maybe?
Yes, get on the horn with the dealer, and hopefully they can start making the key.

I have starred out your numbers to protect your privacy. You don't want those numbers posted on a public forum. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
woops, thanks :D

I called them about 20 minutes ago, and the parts guy said he was calling Polaris to confirm the numbers..

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
woops, thanks :D

I called them about 20 minutes ago, and the parts guy said he was calling Polaris to confirm the numbers..
You might want to go there so you can pick it up as soon as it's cut.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As soon as they call me to confirm the numbers are correct I'll head over there, luckily its only a 10 minute drive!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
As soon as they call me to confirm the numbers are correct I'll head over there, luckily its only a 10 minute drive!
Nice. thumb up

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Still waiting to hear back, the dealership hasn't heard back from Polaris yet :mad:
Did you tell them it was urgent? Life and death? Otherwise they will likely just wait a few days for someone to return their call.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you tell them it was urgent? Life and death? Otherwise they will likely just wait a few days for someone to return their call.
yes I did :(

Is there anyway that you know of for me to contact polaris themselves and maybe speed things along? I've now got until 5pm to resolve the situation or I'll have to call a cab/friend to drive me the 2.5 hours there..

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
yes I did :(

Is there anyway that you know of for me to contact polaris themselves and maybe speed things along? I've now got until 5pm to resolve the situation or I'll have to call a cab/friend to drive me the 2.5 hours there..
I'm not familiar with the key cutting process, but I believe the reason for the call is to verify that the key combination you gave them belongs to your bike.

Call the dealer again and ask how they can speed up the process.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Yes, get on the horn with the dealer, and hopefully they can start making the key.

I have starred out your numbers to protect your privacy. You don't want those numbers posted on a public forum. ;)
Yes, especially since we know his forum name is Ryan. Where he lives or what he rides is all secondary to absconding with his bike now, whohahaha.:D

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yes, especially since we know his forum name is Ryan. Where he lives or what he rides is all secondary to absconding with his bike now, whohahaha.:D
Hehe... well, better safe than sorry. ;)

·
Registered
586 Posts
The Lost Key Syndrome. We all carry our single ignition key due to the stupid location of the Victory ignition. Lost mine for 24hrs. Had new key made in the interim because I was heading off on a roadtrip and wanted 2 keys on the trip. Found the key after re-tracing steps for the fifth time.

Saw rider with a small rope knotted through the key. Seemed like a good idea. Bright orange or green would be helpful and it won't rattle while riding. It was like a piece of climbing rope/cord.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
...Saw rider with a small rope knotted through the key. Seemed like a good idea. Bright orange or green would be helpful and it won't rattle while riding. It was like a piece of climbing rope/cord.
That's a great idea. :clap:

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Never leave home without a spare bike/car key in your pocket and another at home. Having just one key is inviting disaster...ask Ryan.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I always have 2 on me, there is a 3rd on either at home or with my wife too. Keys are cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts