Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I finally finalized our end of year trip. This will be our first, but hoping to make this an annual event. This year, we're totaling over 1200 miles, and thats if we stick to the route plan, which I know we wont. Starting off in northern DE and heading south to Kill Devil Hill, NC. From there we're heading west to Statesville, NC. Then north to Fayetteville, WV and finishing back in northern DE

I'm pretty excited about it. A long weekend away from the wife and kid, what's not to like!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
When are you going to Kill Devil Hill...I'm taking a group (or at least 3 of us) from Arkansas to Charleston, SC then to Nags Head/Kitty Hawk/Kill Devil Hill on October 11th - October 16th.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we're riding into Kill Devil on the 15th, staying overnight. Have no idea where, we're rolling by the seat of our pants. We'll find someplace to sleep when we roll into town

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
LOL...I'm pretty sure we'll be there on 15th also. Maybe we'll run into each other while there...My other buddies are both on Victory's too. One is a CCT and the other a Vision.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Obx

Being from North Carolina and fishing at the coast, I know this time of year can get busy with the fishing crowd and it can be difficult at times to find a place to hang your hat. Good luck and you are definitely going into some beautiful country. I'd recommend riding through Corolla while you are there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
arkiebiker - hard to miss us i think. my buddy rides a new street glide. I have a XCT all white and the street glide is an off white. Hard to find a white bike and to see two riding together is pretty cool

Mid TN Rider - thanks for the advise. I'll have to look at what Corolla is all about

·
Registered
78 Posts
Obx

What is Corolla? Never heard of it or that area?
Check out this site, Corolla NC Outer Banks Vacations | Corolla Guide

This area is near Kitty Hawk, there is a monument to the Wright Brothers there. Corolla is a beach town that has great sights and there are wild horses running free on the island. Great food, beautiful beaches and more. If you are nearby, Id definitely recommend making it a waypoint. I wish I was going!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
LOL...my bike is entirely white too (2012)...with just a little pin striping on the fairing and rear bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When are you going to Kill Devil Hill...I'm taking a group (or at least 3 of us) from Arkansas to Charleston, SC then to Nags Head/Kitty Hawk/Kill Devil Hill on October 11th - October 16th.
Too bad we weren't able to meet up. We stayed in Kill Devil Hill with a stop at the Nags Head Harley shop for my buddy to get something looked at. We then headed west through NC. All in all, I racked up 1335 miles, which I'm pleased with. We ended up staying at the Days Inn in Kill Devil Hill. Hope you enjoyed your trip too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts