Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here run these?
I haven't ridden off-road for 35 years(hard to believe..), I doubt I'd be very competitive or even want to be, but I've stumbled on to these races and I'm feeling the call to try them out....
Not that I had a thought of entering races and events when I was looking for a dual-sport, but I think the Pitster Pro XTR250 LC would be a great bike to get started into this kind of riding on. After some practice and getting the rust out, so don't make a complete ass of myself or make problems on the track, these runs would be a great way to get "pushed" to improve. I bet getting involved with the race community, even as a casual, would be a great leaning experience for riding and the bike mechanical stuff ;).
I am over 50, but have no heath problems or chronic injuries, I'm in good shape so the physical aspect shouldn't be an issue, I just need to brush up off-road riding skills.

-New England Trail Riders Association
https://www.netra.org/
-Events
https://www.netra.org/events/

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Go for it Pain! Tear it up and have fun! If not now; when?

You're still young enough to heal from any minor injuries you may get in the process and even if you don't win or place; at least you will have a good time doing it. Sure beats hanging out with the boys at the bar every night.

Get that bike dirty!

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
If running with the bulls seems too daunting, after you've looked into it, there are groups that enjoy the simple pleasures of trail riding. You'd be out there in the woods with like minded spirits and many, who are experienced at it, will be happy to teach you some off roading skills. There's a lot of that going on in my neck-of-the-woods, so to speak.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If running with the bulls seems too daunting, after you've looked into it, there are groups that enjoy the simple pleasures of trail riding. You'd be out there in the woods with like minded spirits and many, who are experienced at it, will be happy to teach you some off roading skills. There's a lot of that going on in my neck-of-the-woods, so to speak.
Well I've contacted one of those leisure-riding, dual-sport clubs... and they more or less said the a Pitster Pro isn't welcome in their group... :mad:
I say F that club and now I'm soured to any of them. I'll do my own riding and make my own fun....I also hope that club's admin get a branch up their turned-up noses :wink

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
What a bunch of snobs. I bet their street bikes are Harleys. Would you really want to join a club that will accept you as a member? :)

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a bunch of snobs. I bet their street bikes are Harleys. Would you really want to join a club that will accept you as a member? :)
That particular club states they are looking for members who; "enjoy the outdoors and want to experience the back-roads and trails of New New England on small displacement (400cc and under) dual-sport motorcycles".
So, no I have no interest in joining the snob club, they probably ride like a bunch of sissies anyway. And if I know me...as soon as I get my trail legs I'm going to want to rip....

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Well I've contacted one of those leisure-riding, dual-sport clubs... and they more or less said the a Pitster Pro isn't welcome in their group... :mad:
I say F that club and now I'm soured to any of them. I'll do my own riding and make my own fun....I also hope that club's admin get a branch up their turned-up noses :wink
Well I hope they all got a lump of coal in their Christmas stockings this season!

Did they give a reason like maybe not enough range with your bike or something that made some kind of sense?

Edit: Looks like you posted the answer as I was typing the question. Yeah; doing your own thing or maybe find one or two others who like to tear it up a bit like you do would be better anyway.

I did a lot of off road dirt biking by myself as a kid but I always worried a bit about something happening while I was out there with no one around. I think it's better to find at least one other who likes to ride in the boonies.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did a lot of off road dirt biking by myself as a kid but I always worried a bit about something happening while I was out there with no one around. I think it's better to find at least one other who likes to ride in the boonies.
I've in CT... there are no boonies, just areas with less condos :ltr: ****...Sasquatch wou't even come to this state

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
I've in CT... there are no boonies, just areas with less condos :ltr: ****...Sasquatch wou't even come to this state
You could always throw it in the back of your truck or onto a utility trailer then drive somewhere the trails and boonies are less populated.

This dirt bike looks so light; you could probably just pick it up and set it on the bed of the truck. No ramp needed.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could always throw it in the back of your truck or onto a utility trailer then drive somewhere the trails and boonies are less populated.

This dirt bike looks so light; you could probably just pick it up and set it on the bed of the truck. No ramp needed.
I do plan to truck it places, I have that nice Titan ramp setup I got for the Vic(so no need to lift the bike ...lol). The Pitster is WAY too uncomfortable and under-powered to be doing any major running around...Luckily I have an area that's all of 20mins from my house called the Thomaston Dam, which has a 10 mile trail loop exclusive to motorcycles. Its open May through mid October. I want to run laps here at least once a week to get my skills up and keep in practice. I work half days on Wed so guess where I'll be heading ;)
https://www.nae.usace.army.mil/Portals/74/docs/Recreation/TMD/2018_Trail_Bike_Info_Sheet.pdf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts