Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first
4 months ago my son charged battery, & washed bike and detailed it for me, i came in later and went for ride an noticed the eng light on so went home. thought well its saying battery.
bought new battery instaled, checked oil was a little to much so i pulled out to proper level. fired up run great but light is still on, came back home and noticed when u kill swithc it goes off, fliped switch on & came on with fuel pump.
when key is on and fuel switch is off the engine light is off.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
first
4 months ago my son charged battery, & washed bike and detailed it for me, i came in later and went for ride an noticed the eng light on so went home. thought well its saying battery.
bought new battery instaled, checked oil was a little to much so i pulled out to proper level. fired up run great but light is still on, came back home and noticed when u kill swithc it goes off, fliped switch on & came on with fuel pump.
when key is on and fuel switch is off the engine light is off.
Help us help you: Does it spit out a code? Cycle through the display to see if there is a check engine error code shown. (I am venturing to assume this is for the 2012 XCT, not for the 1999 bobber).

P.S.: My son's only 7 months - when did your son start washing your bikes? Do I have much longer, or what? :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey crossroads
its been a whyle hope alls been good, yes its the bobber v92 custom. like i said i rode in and fliped fuel and kill switch off an noticed it went a way. dont think it anything major but checking.

that son is 23, i told him he had to detail it after our ride the weekend before, he rode the bobber. jumped all over that idea!!

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
hey crossroads
its been a whyle hope alls been good, yes its the bobber v92 custom. like i said i rode in and fliped fuel and kill switch off an noticed it went a way. dont think it anything major but checking.

that son is 23, i told him he had to detail it after our ride the weekend before, he rode the bobber. jumped all over that idea!!
Oh, so I've got to wait another 20 some years for that benefit to kick in. :ltr:

Did you do a throttle point reset after you changed the battery? If not, here are the steps on how to do it: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=5448.

If that does not cure the check engine light, and if you have a voltmeter handy, measure the battery voltage - if it falls below 11 Volts, the check engine line will come on. And although you have a new battery, it could be a sign for another problem, like the voltage regulator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts