Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know that with the windshield, I hear more engine "chatter" or cam and lobe noises. I have to ask, with this Florida summer heat, I hear a lot more noises bouncing off of buildings to the side and sometimes off of truck trailers on the highway. I hope that those who have deep extensive knowledge of the freedom motor can chime in. Do I need to use a heavier weight oil or keep using the victory oil to ensure my 5 yr limited warranty stays intact.... Please, let me know. cheerscheers

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
What are your RPMs and what gears are you hearing the chatter. Should not be lugging anything under 2K, the engines are happier at 2800 and up so would need more info on what gears your getting this in. 2nd part would be Temp and Octane fuel (playin safe on 93?) compared to what mods if any you got installed. If you get a chance update your sig with bike configuration.

Do not change weight of oil, if you want to investigate alternate brands there are PLENTY of threads with HOURS of reading available via search (im sure you seen a few by the #of posts you got hehee) but the oil itself is not going to be your problem.

Safe ridin! Tim

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
It could be that hot air is less dense and carries sound waves better?!? Ear plugs will reduce the noise and save your hearing.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
On a side note you just got me to thinking about RICZ is I did notice less what I consider "normal" chatter once I installed the ATS timing gear and VFCIII. And no its not because I am hitting it harder all the time now... I really seem to hear a differnt sound from the motor. +1 on the ear plugs too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The noise doesn't bother me, I was just concerned as the bike has a little over 15k miles and I haven't heard these noises before. Anyway, do you think that maybe I should disconnect the O2 sensors?

·
13,031 Posts
stay out of stop and go take the cage on really hot day

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
The noise doesn't bother me, I was just concerned as the bike has a little over 15k miles and I haven't heard these noises before. Anyway, do you think that maybe I should disconnect the O2 sensors?
Why wouldn't you want to disconnect the O2s? If you've been following related threads, there's nothing to fear and much to gain. thumb up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts