Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need recommendations for forged engine guard hwy pegs and mounts and hwy pegs etc for the floorboards. would like a decent set of fork deflectors to. i am preparing for some distance rides.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Are you thinking of adding pegs that are attached to the floorboards and protrude outward from them? If so, I recommend against that unless you never go around curves. Those would limit your lean angle.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
If you got floorboards you really don't need highway pegs. I love my floorboards. If anything you need for a long ride is a back rest. Makes a WORLD of difference on a long ride for the ole back and comfort of riding. I can ride all day on my CCT with my feet on the floorboards and leaning on the backrest and not be tired. Just MHO....And I ride the twisties a lot. In fact every time I ride. Got to get some twisties in every ride.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont lean to much in the curves only a lil bit.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do have a backrest now havnt had a chance to test it. i thought it was adjustable but isnt. its a grasshopper i think.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can ride a perty fair distance with the boards but would like a few more dif positions. hips,knees etc arnty what they used to be 20 yrs ago.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
i dont lean to much in the curves only a lil bit.
That statement lost me, so if you and I were out riding and we were going around a curve posted say 20mph so it's a pretty tight turn I would be leaning
a lot and you would be leaning a little?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i might be doing a lil grinding.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Forged bars are going for stupid money. I've seen used sets on the the Facebook Buy, Sell, Trade pages going for $800 or $900 bucks and new in box sets going for $1200. It's nuts.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
PUSH that bike into them curves there "Phychodiablo".....That bike can handle anything you're willing to put it through. I was that way in the beginning till I learned that Victory Motorcycle's handle great in the curves for a big bike.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
i might be doing a lil grinding.
Minimum 25 psi in the rear shock and 40 in the front tire and 42 in the rear and countersteering and 4,000+ RPM will make a Valentino Rossi out of you in the curves.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i already have the forged bars but want to put pegs on them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i carve a few curves now and again.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i go for 36 front and 38 rear and around 10 or so in the shock.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
i go for 36 front and 38 rear and around 10 or so in the shock.
No wonder you are reluctant to "carve" the curves. Air up as I said. Do you know what countersteering is? Do you keep the revs up appreciably above 3500? All things that aid your carving. It gives you more control and really makes riding more fun.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
been riding 30 yrs. i know what counter steering is. i have tried the higher pressures in tires and when i did that and they got really warmed up they were fujn to bouncy. ive got good control now. i just dont feel like carving the curves all the time as some do.

·
Registered
856 Posts
That statement lost me, so if you and I were out riding and we were going around a curve posted say 20mph so it's a pretty tight turn I would be leaning
a lot and you would be leaning a little?
They ain't no curves in Louisiana 😁

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how much riding you do in Louisiana. i see a few curves here and there from time to time.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
You Louisiana boys would go out of your tree here in Oregon where there are many roads where you can measure the straight stretches with a ruler and have inces left over. No chicken strips on my tires.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gives us some road time to find good curves.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts