Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!. I was one of the lucky guys in the UK to get an 2008 Arlen Signature last year..and I love it. Still have a Harley Dynaglide, but it's just sat in the garage since the Victory came along.

There is only one thing that irritates me (after I sorted out the really hard suspension!!). Where I live the roads are great.... bendy twisty and often rough and always scenic. But I find cruising smoothly and slowly isn't possible at low power because every bump (transmitted through the throttle hand) switches the engine inbetween "power" and "Switched off". Is there any modification that can deactivate this in the engine/carb control unit?

I've got a throttle rest and I'm getting a CruiserCustomizing Cruise Control any time soon (when UK Customs Clear it!!). They help to a degree, but not a complete solution.

Waddya reckon??

Many thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Surging Victory

Hi!. I was one of the lucky guys in the UK to get an 2008 Arlen Signature last year..and I love it. Still have a Harley Dynaglide, but it's just sat in the garage since the Victory came along.

There is only one thing that irritates me (after I sorted out the really hard suspension!!). Where I live the roads are great.... bendy twisty and often rough and always scenic. But I find cruising smoothly and slowly isn't possible at low power because every bump (transmitted through the throttle hand) switches the engine inbetween "power" and "Switched off". Is there any modification that can deactivate this in the engine/carb control unit?

I've got a throttle rest and I'm getting a CruiserCustomizing Cruise Control any time soon (when UK Customs Clear it!!). They help to a degree, but not a complete solution.

Waddya reckon??

Many thanks
This is a pretty common issue with fuel injected bikes. You may see if your mechanic can adjust the throttle position sensor, but otherwise, it is likely that you will have to live with this. I have an '07 vegas and it surges as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts