Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok out of all the riders on here has anyone one had a blown engine or had there 106 develop a knock in the motor ? Stay tuned for the culprit. Going to see Rylan in a trailer thats sad !

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
12,972 Posts
What have you done since Rylan tuned it?
Maybe PCV is not working right

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am planning on going down to see Rylan this spring so im interested to see what happend I know he has done alot of bikes with no problems.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I doubt VERY seriously that ANYTHING Rylan did caused any problems. What we seem to forget, from time to time, is that although reliable.... Vics have a mechanical motor. ALL things mechanical are subject to fail. It happens, ALTHOUGH RARE with Vics.......

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Ok out of all the riders on here has anyone one had a blown engine or had there 106 develop a knock in the motor ? Stay tuned for the culprit. Going to see Rylan in a trailer thats sad !

How about a hint of what is wrong. Are you getting a ping or do you have some kind of mechanical malfunction causing noise? Have you done any investigation or basic troubleshooting, like checking the timing wheel to see if it has moved?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked timing wheel all good. I was not saying it was Rylans fault at all ! I will repeat it is not Rylans fault. Where did I say it was Rylans fault ? It is a mechanical knock. If it needs rebuilt it will get the 116. I trust Rylan thats why I am loading it in the trailer and taking it 420 miles instead of 30 miles to my dealer. He will fix it cuz he knows his **** !

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Nobody said it was Rylan's fault. Just curious what you have done to narrow it down.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
203 Posts
When is the knock occuring? Certain rpm? At idle? All the time? Very curious to see what Rylan and Gabe find.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just for a quick check. You say it happens also at idle. If you were to pull the clutch in at idle do you hear any change in the knocking sound?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
203 Posts
Copy that, I hope its a speedy recovery...but then again 116 sounds quite tempting.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was an oil pump issue. Rylan is tearing it down and fixing it. He is also gonna do some head work and add some compression while he has it tore down.

·
12,972 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Great you found it so quick.
You;ll love the horse power thumb up

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
It seems our oil pumps are an issue in regards to being reliable ? Have to ask. I have heard of this failure before.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
It was an oil pump issue. Rylan is tearing it down and fixing it. He is also gonna do some head work and add some compression while he has it tore down.

Sounds like a ploy to get the other half to agree to more motorcycle goodies...thumb up

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Change of plans going 116.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts