Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool:Hello all, I am the new girl! I own a 2004 Kingpin Tour, I soloed it with a Mustang seat and have loved the bike since I bought it used in 2007. This is the perfect motorcycle for me and I have not had any major problems with it. Other than tires, oil changes and a couple of batteries (the climate is pretty harsh in the Sonoran Desert), I have not had to do any major repairs.
Here it comes though: Two weeks ago I was planning an overnighter with my riding club. I took the bike to the dealer on Monday and on the way there the engine light came on. I thought, cool, I'll just have them check it and be ready for the week-end. Long story short, what was supposed to be a quick oil change turned into a lot of money for a bunch of stuff that had to be done. The mechanic informed me that the engine light came on when he took it for a test ride and that the diagnostic showed that the speed sensor was bad. I told him to put one on and figured that would solve my problems. Needless to say, that did not do it. The day of the trip I got 5 miles away from home and the light came back on. I cancelled and returned home.
Last Saturday I purchased and installed a new battery, rode around for a few hours, no problems. Sunday met up with some friends, no problems until after lunch the light came back on. Quick stop in Tombstone and the light did not come back on all the way to Tucson. One of the guys mentioned the voltage regulator could be on its way out, what do you think?

·
13,188 Posts
If you have a volt meter start bike and see what you get. Should be around 14 volts.
Go back to dealer and ask for some money back cause they didn't fix it

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can't offer any help with your engine light, but I can say welcome to the forum. Good luck getting your problems sorted out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts