Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 07 8ball shipped to Korea. I added mogas from the military base, hooked up the battery (not the wild things EFI controller yet) then started it, though a little sluggish. Ran it for like 5-10 mins. Ran fine. Took batt out and recharged it. Hooked it up a couple days later and now it wouldn't start so I jumped with with car running (someone said this could damage the ECU) and started it but wasn't running well. Tried it with and withough Wild Things hooked up but still ran rough. Bought batt and now it cranks and starts on its own, but won't stay running and check engine light is on. So how do I troubleshoot the check engine light? also I plan on disconnecting the Wild Things and start from scratch. When I hook it up to the batt with ignition off you can hear the same sound (like an electric fuel pump) as when the ignition switch is on without the Wild Things hooked up. thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well bike has Santa Rosa pipes, Wild Things TFI, and K&N air filter. But all that has been on the bike with no problem. Troubleshot it somemore today and re-installed the Wild Things TFI and spark plugs and it's running smooth now. One of the spark plugs was lose and the TFI wasn't hooked up right. Well the remaining issue is that the check engine light is still on, so couple questions about the check engine light: if it was a temporary fault will it go away when I ride it for several miles? or will I have to get the light cleared? is this an OBDII system and if so do you have a list of the codes? if not what diagnostic tool do I need to read the codes? thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts