Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First long ride on the 8 ball today and as soon as I gunned it off a roundabout the engine light came on and stayed on until I came to rest at a junction,then as soon as I pulled away it came back on again and behaved in this manner all day although it seemed to be running ok and no misfires. The bike is 5 years old with less than 3000 miles on it running the shotgun pipes stage 1 tuning with kn filter etc. Many riders here have pulled the o2 wires,I may try that to clear it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I assume you didn't check the codes? Not certain if the 2010 is the same, but I can pull mine up on the speedo.

·
Registered
148 Posts
yea I've been told it could be the O2 sensors while unplugged. I happened to unplug them to run some tests and no light came up.
I would ask the dealer to check the error message. it happened to me a while ago but it was nothing. can't remember why actually.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Using the mode button for the display... You can select chk eng or similar to have it tell you the codes set

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Just nipped them up with a squirt of loctite to make sure.
Did you clean the points of contact on the terminals and leads before reconnecting?

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Nope,nothing in manual mentioning any error codes or the like,must be on later models maybe.
Yeah 2010s dont have that feature but plugging into the dealers digital wrench computer will tell you what's triggering thr light.
In my case it was a bad temp sensor connection on the rear of the front cylinder, they picked it up straight away.
You didnt say if you properly cleaned up your battery connections when you retightened them (a star washer is probably better than loctite in this application töo)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts